View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 07:01 PM   #10
blackmega3500

Name: blackmega3500
Title: habitual turbo swapper.
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjpcummins View Post
Im not sure if the 30k price is a complete system or just budget for the table but i would look at a larger manufacturer and get one of their smaller tables. Koike, messer, multicam etc. Find someone with good support close to your location. Im in the process of possibly purchasing a table from park industries(kano hd) if the stainless edge quality is acceptable by the customer. My system will be running a xpr300 optimix not an air plasma. An air plasma system produces much better edge quality on a higher end table than a cheaply built table because of motion.
Lol, yep that all just went over my head but I'm sure his main fab guy will understand lol.

He has the second largest commercial glass company in the city of Houston so cost really isn't the variable for him. I pretty much told him I would get details and experiences from fellas such as yourselves, and then forward the findings. Trade shows are great and marketing info only gets you so much data, it's hands on experience he's really looking for.

When he cut a $250k check for an automated trim and steel fab machine for the glass biz he chewed on that decision for awhile just wanting to make sure it was the right one, and the same thought process is in the table.

He actually is going to be just running this as a hobby shop and building custom one off things such as a V8 powered barstool or his more recent 1000hp golf cart built from scratch. He just wants to basically justify paying for a 10k storage facility for his projects by having it be a functional custom fab shop. If it cuts a profit great, if not he'll write off the loss for the glass company.

His main fab guy has incredible skills from custom fiber glass and body work, machining and fab, to motor builds.

2014 BMW X6 ///M factory 560hp twin turbo AWD