View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 09:46 AM   #15112
Rig Wrench

Name: Rig Wrench
Title: Wannabe Tech
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfaulkner View Post
I didn’t take a stab, it’s just almost every mechanic that went to school or especially a factory store parts changer like a Cat/Cummins “tech” are die hard Kool-Aid drinkers. The way they were told is the ONLY way it can be done. OEM is not always the best way, the aftermarket has proven that since the first car was invented. If everyone believed the crap they were told this site wouldn’t exist, no drag racing or sled pulling. The “maths” as you said would tell me I can’t uprate a 475 to 550 without a total driveline replacement. Want to guess how inaccurate that is or do you want to ask your teacher?

I get it, your in a shop that probably doesn’t allow you to think for yourself or try anything that isn’t within spec. But in my world spec is just a suggestion and the only way to know what works is to try it yourself. Sometimes it works and sometimes it costs you money. But I’ve found the best way to know for sure is to actually try it.

You don’t have to drive a show truck but it’s not that hard to keep things looking nice.

Yes

You cannot run a c18 in a highway truck in North America. The factory never did it so it can't be done
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (11.9 KB, 0 views)