Ran out of fuel.

LawDawg119

Any help would be appreciated!
02 6 speed HO 4x4

Truck has a air dog lift pump with a sump and the fuel guage doesn’t work.
Truck runs and drives perfect and ran it out of fuel, now it has intermittent dead pedal, and weird idle spikes when started. Shut it off twice and then it’s fine. Threw 5 codes on the dash after it ran out of fuel. What would cause this by only running out of fuel? Zero issues before this.
Codes:
P0122
P0121
P0602
P1693
P0463

P0121 Accelerator Position Sensor (APPS) Signal Voltage Too Low
P0122 Accelerator Position Sensor (APPS) LowAPPS Voltage Input Too Low
P0463 Fuel Level Sensor 1 High
P0602 Control Module Programming Error/NotProgrammed
P1693 Generic fault indicating a fault in the bus or PCM/ECM interface(companion code)

Thank you for the reply! I know what the codes are, but the question is why/ how does this happen just from running out of fuel. I only unscrewed the filters and cracked 3 injector lines. Didn’t touch anything else. Why do these codes come up now?

Gremlins were standard equipment on '88 to '93 models and '98.5 up. They were optional on the '95-'98's.

You think? I’ve probably put 300 miles on it sense. Shut it off twice and runs fine after Untill I shut it off again. I see people that put hundreds or more of miles on VP with no fuel pressure. I find it hard to believe it took the VP out, but it is a possibility. It made one little hiccup and then new I was out of fuel that’s it. Wasnt like it was running bad and I was pushing it to get the the gas station or anything. Just died.

Very likely the vp is damaged. It's news to me a vp would live from hundreds or more of miles with no pressure. Could have just spazzed things out from being ran out of fuel though. Just like your other thread. It's not good for vehicles to sit that long especially when there are inherent issues. It may just work it out that stuff from the system.

Put a new throttle position sensor in that was programmed to the housing and still didn’t fix it. Cleared codes and same issue and codes came back.

Messing with the APPS with these other codes popping up ain't gonna do shit.

P0463 Fuel Level Sensor 1 High
P0602 Control Module Programming Error/NotProgrammed
P1693 Generic fault indicating a fault in the bus or PCM/ECM interface(companion code)

With the bus fault error, you've got larger concerns than the APPS IMO. I wish I had some advice on where to starts. I've never seen the P0602. Probably just reports that because of the bus fault and it can't communicate.

Gary, couldn't you share some experience with just p-pumping it?

I absolutely love that fact that I'm not the only victim of 15+ year old jokes.

:hehe:

Gary would have already ppumped it by now if you have told him it stood for penis pump and was made in Sweden. LOL

Back