Intercooler comparrison

04blackmax

I have an 04 LLY duramax that the intercooler has a hole in it. im looking to upgrade it rather thean replacing it with stock. any thought on which one is the best between PPE, BD Diesel, Banks or any other ones you know of. any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
PPE is a Spearco IIRC. Banks is thought to be the best I believe but are a little pricey.

Last edited:
Banks are cheaper than the Spearco but the Spearco is much bigger. I've heard of both of them leaking.

All of them are pricey compared to the value of the dust in my wallet, but I still dream.

Here's what I found.......
Banks $1300 includes new boost tubes, cast end tanks
CG & J $900 cast end tanks, 1 inch thicker than stock
PPE $1500 welded with tank support rods in each tank
Spearco $1500 welded no inner support known
BD Diesel $1300 cast tanks with support struts

I have ran a Banks in my tow/street/strip trucks for years and have never had a failure. Spearco, not so much...

i just paid 1229.00 for the cooler and tubes didnt ask about just the intercooler. all the aftermarket coolers flow more than stock but there is no info on direct comparrisons that i could find. i installed my banks one this weekend and its about 1 inch thicker, 2 inches taller and the tanks dwarf the stock ones

Thanks for the info and reporting back, I know with the tubes I could tell a difference in flow..let us know how well the ic does!

Back