Can I use a fass 165 from an 06 Dmax on my 95’ ?

SCHMITTY

Not enough time
I have a modified Cummins lift pump right now but it still drain my fuel pressure.
I’ve been holding out for a new predator pump or a good deal on a fass.

You'll need new lines, fittings, rewire, stretch the spring or get a new one the ones for the duramax run lower psi. That might be it.

What psi do you want it to run? Could probabaly stretch the spring to 10 or 12 psi. They come set at around 7 or 8 for the duramax. Could also call fass and get a tighter spring.

Definitely going to have to get a new spring. Been awhile since I had a mechanical pump forgot they psi they want. Not 100% sure if they will push that amount of pressure on the motor they send for a 6.6. Hopefully someone who knows more chimes in.

Last edited:
The pump has enough potential to support just about any 12mm 180hp pump. You'd want to hit up FASS and get a replacement regulator spring since you're not going to get there by stretching a spring.

Then obviously the hose/fittings, and cables/relay, but that stuff is simple.

180 pumps like 35+psi, but do better with more pressure, so I'd play with what it can keep up with at WOT.

Mine idles/cruises around 60-65 psi but a long wot run takes it down to 20 psi. Ive played with some pro comp 140 gph pumps that helped when the lift pump was stock but then I tried putting a comp cam valve spring in the lift pump and that made a noticeable improvement after removing the pusher pump. I’ve been trying to avoid dropping 600 on a lift pump but I’m pretty sure lack of fuel supply is holding my truck back.

There’s a local guy here parting out a wrecked lml and wants 300 obo for the fass platinum 165. I have been eyeballing that new belt driven pump from pdd if I buy new.

With the eBay pusher setup and 5x16s the truck was keeping up with a bama tuned 5.0 , headers , many other bolt ons. 45-100+ I wonder if 165 would be enough

I called fass and they said it would be more than a spring swap to get the pressure I need I have to change the motor out also

Last edited:
Around 600$. Seems simple enough and it won’t be visible like a fass. Plenty of thieves around here.

Your engine is mechanical, why not choose a mechanical lift pump such as the belt driven one? Your issue for enough fuel will be solved forever.

I picked one up new from a member on here for a decent price. Just keep your eyes out.

The thought of electrical fuel delivery failures always haunts me in rural areas on long hauls.

I called fass and they said it would be more than a spring swap to get the pressure I need I have to change the motor out also

A 165 Ti pump will support a LOT of power. It's a huge pump. Unless you're going full race above 1000hp, I don't see it being an issue.

I rock one on my daily truck (~450hp) and I like how quiet it is. I also like the built in fuel heater for days when it's -36F before windchill!

The tech guy at fass didn’t seem like he was trying to sell me a new pump but he was saying the motors are different between the 165 for the p pump and the Duramax.

I hope it’s over 550-600 and then I want spray it . The k31 hits 60 psi pretty quick

Back