What turbo is this?

Thanks for that. I never tried searching those numbers I thought they would be some Cummins numbers. I'm looking at buying it for a set of twins with my hx35 but the guy don't know much about it. I'm trying to get him to tell me some specs. Main thing I'd like to know is if it's a 20,23 or 26.

Came on N14 engines. It is a glorified HT3b with a v-band outlet in a nutshell. Reverse rotation, old tech, solid turbo for a small compound setup. Not worth a pile of money.

Came on N14 engines. It is a glorified HT3b with a v-band outlet in a nutshell. Reverse rotation, old tech, solid turbo for a small compound setup. Not worth a pile of money.

That's what I have read. Any idea what housing it would have on it? Or could it be any of them?

It will more than likely have the 26cm housing on it. That one is the most common. These things are old and have been around the block a few times so it is hard telling what it really has. I've had them with the tighter housing slapped on a high hp engine part number and vise versa. The housings are terrible about cracking around the volutes on the flange. Cast tends to crack by its nature so as long as it isn't massive cracks youll be fine.

Anyway for me to measure? I'm gonna try pick it up cheap and hope for the best but I would like to know and get a 26 for it if it isn't one.

That part number appears to have industrial apps tied to it which would make the 36 housing believable. Ask the seller for the pick of the inlet volutes so you can see which housing it is or ask where the heck he got it. If it is from any off road app you can about bet it is a big housing.

Back