View Single Post
Old 04-02-2017, 11:21 PM   #6
thatguy69

Name: thatguy69
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrider2911 View Post
This might sound obvious. But are you lifting it up by the shaft to get the feeler gauge in? I would think that as long as everything is installed properly and there is no binding; you're fine.

You didn't try to put a 3 tab thrust washer on the bottom side of the aluminum planet did you?
I'm a noob, so your not going to insult me lol. But yes I am picking up on the shaft while trying to insert the smallest feeler gauge I have which is .006. No 3 tab thrust washers and all of my thrust washers are seated how they should be. What was strange to me is whoever had this apart before me put a sun gear shell thrust plate in between the number 8 thrust washer and the rear planetary ring gear. I tried Re assembling this way and after putting the new thrust washers in the front planetary was completely covering the snap ring grove on the Intermediate shaft. Once I removed the sungear thrust plate I had room for the snap ring.and yes there is still a sungear thrust plate one the back of the sungear shell I never took that apart

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited by thatguy69; 04-02-2017 at 11:22 PM.