diesel events?

stevemiller67

I'm currently going to school at NWTC Sturgeon Bay for diesel and heavy equipment and we are looking for some idea's for trips to take this spring(Feb-March). The trip would have to be diesel related. We were planning to go to the truck show in march in Louisville, KY but that might not work. In previous years we have toured manufacture plants like CAT, Cummins, and Case but I would like to find a diesel event to go to. Any Ideas? Suggestions? Thanks.

We go to Detroit Diesel in Detroit every year. Huge plant. Cummins CMEP is another good one, Caterpillar and John Deere are sweet.

Yea one of the other second years went to Detroit and said it was nice. We went to the Case tractor plant in Racine last year and that was alright. I would like to find an event to go to and also go on a plant tour as part of the trip as well. I'll have to look into Rudy's . We can travel some distance.

I wish I got to go on field trips like that in school.

TS, Scheid, and Rudy's are all top notch.

I wish I got to go on field trips like that in school.

TS, Scheid, and Rudy's are all top notch.

Yea if we were in school around the time Scheids or Ts is going on we would be going to either of those. This was the third year for me at Scheids. But yea all the money is student funded so we try to take a nice trip every year.

Update on the trip. We're going to the CAT plant in Peoria and also Fairbanks Morse Colt Pielstick plant. Thanks for the suggestions.

Have you done any field trips yet?

Yes. We went to Fairbanks and Peoria cat dozer plant a couple weeks ago. Fairbanks was very interesting but the tour wasn't very good, the guides were not very prepared. CAT was interesting as well, some crazy **** happens in those plants!

And then last year we went to Case IH plant in Racine.

The CAT plant in Lafeyette, IN was a pretty badazz tour. They build some big mofos there. The Racine tour is so so. Went there for CNH training and they didn't show much. The teacher said they do a lot of developmental testing and production there which they aren't allowed to show. The burr ridge headquarters in cool to see. They have a museum of tractors and such there. You are in wisconsin I see which means you have heard of Osh Kosh trucks I would assume. If they will let you tour that it is worth seeing the military truck production. They were diks to me when I delivered parts so no guarantees they even allow tours.

Last edited:
The CAT plant in Lafeyette, IN was a pretty badazz tour. They build some big mofos there. The Racine tour is so so. Went there for CNH training and they didn't show much. The teacher said they do a lot of developmental testing and production there which they aren't allowed to show. The burr ridge headquarters in cool to see. They have a museum of tractors and such there. You are in wisconsin I see which means you have heard of Osh Kosh trucks I would assume. If they will let you tour that it is worth seeing the military truck production. They were diks to me when I delivered parts so no guarantees they even allow tours.

Our Instructors were talking about trying to set something up at Oshkosh.

How did you get in touch with Lafayette? I'm looking to take my student organization there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back