Here is what the competition will copy in 2017....

Texashighways

Comp Diesel Sponsor
For those companies who do not have a R&D budget, don't worry..... Buy our new products and save all that time on the dyno and wasted money.

We finally have a steady supply of our new war head and our street head.
As well as our New solid 6.7l Cummins block. With the heads flowing well at .800" and .900" lift we realized we did not have cams that would fully take advantage of our heads. The only way we could get cams with .500" lift at the cam was to go to a 62mm cam core.

A little about our new offerings.

6.7l blocks- They are line bored for cam bushings, the next order will have 54mm bushings installed. The block is ready for 14mm head studs and main studs. They come with main caps already to run. We have engines up to 4.400" bore using 4.700" o.d. fire rings. This will allow heads with up to 2.200" intake valves in our new war head. :) Testing will be done on this new big valve head soon. We are looking at 375+CFM @ .800" lift which is exciting for these new engines. 7.3-7.5L engines should be gravy for this new block.

War heads- Setup for 1.770" valves on both the intake and the exhaust. This allows enough meat for whatever intake shape you want to run. With a 1.95" intake valve and no porting, just a good valve job, the war head flows 275CFM. Testing will be done on the 2.150" intake valve in the next week or so.

62mm cam cores- The highest velocity motion in the diesel aftermarket period. They are steel flat tappet cams that are made in the USA. You will have to kiss the bottom of the lifter bore about .020" or else the cam journals will hit the lifters and will not fit. Why 62mm? because that is the OEM cam bore for a 6.4l Ford meaning, I did not have to come up with new bushings. You will need our steel 1.45" DLC coated tappets.

Here is the new lineup.

210-230-110 .415"/.415"
214-230-109 .435"/.435"
216-232-109 .450"/.450"
220-240-109 .450"/.450"
228-248-109 .500"/.500"
236-256-109 .500"/.500"

Nice. They say imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, but it sure is a pain in the ass, huh?

6.7 Solid Block

It's a cast solid block. Zach you may want to reword your description. It makes it sound as the 14mm head and main studs come with it.

Also any plans to cast a version with a taller deck to help rod angle?

Last edited:
Also any plans to cast a version with a taller deck to help rod angle?

I'm guessing he's working with existing casting patterns, and that's why they're priced as reasonably as they are. Casting a taller block would require some expensive tooling, and the price increase would be far more than what it would cost to deck plate one with a thin liner.

Though this is complete conjecture on my part.

As of yet, this block is an OEM casting without water. As listed in the description, we have machined the mains and deck for 14mm fasteners. The last order had OEM cam bushing setup meaning only on one and seven. The new order has been machined for cam bushings throughout. Also the new block has a provision for the OEM waterpump and lower radiator hose. A short time on a VF-5 and you would have all the coolant passages to have a "wet block". Our main goal with this block was to get a block that would handle 2,500 hp the most affordably. It is not the end all be all, just a really inexpensive, widely configurable block, that erases most of the limits in terms of bore size, cam size etc for most builders (except super-stock) Billet blocks are still needed there due to the mains being tied into the sides of the block. Also there is a Bed plate Billet aluminum block which will be released very soon by some mid-west diesel gurus.... ;)

We are working on a street block with coolant that will have a thicker deck and cylinder walls so that hot street trucks will no longer need expensive deck plate engines. They will be in the $4500-$5000 range.

As a standard rule of thumb, bore size dictates valve size, valve size dictates flow potential, flow potential, in large part dictates power potential....A war head with a valve for a small 4.125 bore is already at 339CFM. I'm very excited to release flow numbers soon on the 2.150" and 2.200" sized intake valves for the 4.400 bore. Factor, the new flow potential with .900" lift at the valve and as you can see, this is going to be a fun winter....

Last edited:
Nice. They say imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, but it sure is a pain in the ass, huh?

I'm starting to lean that is how the diesel aftermarket works. It's a pain, but the end users win since it forces everybody to keep prices fair and constantly change and improve their product. It is also why we have assumed the slogan "innovation faster than imitation."

When it is all said and done, I just hope that the end users realize who leads, who follows, and vote with their dollars to reward innovation not imitation.

We are working on a street block with coolant that will have a thicker deck and cylinder walls so that hot street trucks will no longer need expensive deck plate engines. They will be in the $4500-$5000

I for one would be very interested in a tall deck 6.7L street block that could replace the need for a deck plate block. I hope this comes about soon.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When it is all said and done, I just hope that the end users realize who leads, who follows, and vote with their dollars to reward innovation not imitation.

I think they do for high-end hard parts..... Tuners, intakes, and junk, not so much.

If you do go through the trouble to change the design to improve the block. I would setup the mains so they mate to the sides of the block and have 6 bolts mains. This would eliminate the need for a girdle. The eburg recast tractor blocks are like this and work well. Along with a 1inch taller deck. 9/16 mains and head studs would be a good option if your doing finish machine work in house.

Last edited:
Back