Cruise Control Surging Issue - Cash Reward to Anyone That Can Help Me Fix it!

Is this not just a function of the RP PID?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Hhhmmm. Maybe not rail, but definately a PID. My 03 did it with an EZ on it. PID is designed to increase throttle proportionately to stock horsepower in order to maintain rpm. You modify the delivered quantity with upgrades, the PID still intends the stock power needed maintain rpm. The PID overshoots, pulls power back, and starts cycling.

PID is not correct for the added power level.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That is literally one of my biggest pet peeves; people who don't use cruise control. It seems to be more prevalent in the southeast than anywhere else. They just match your speed in your blind spot even though the same car was going 5mph less than you, until it's time to check Facebook again.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mine would drop out of lockup and shut off the cruise control . Turned out to be the brake pedal switch it would bounce on every bump on the road .The computer would think I put the brakes on and unlock the converter and shut off cruise .

That is literally one of my biggest pet peeves; people who don't use cruise control. It seems to be more prevalent in the southeast than anywhere else. They just match your speed in your blind spot even though the same car was going 5mph less than you, until it's time to check Facebook again.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It's probably 10x worse down here in Florida.

It has to be in the tune.

I had a similar issue with my 06 with EFI live. I got different tunes from another company and viola! It runs like it should on cruise control.

I had the same issue and it appeared to be fluctuations in the rail pressure. I have a gauge for rail pressure and could see the fluctuations in real time. Change the tuning software I was using and the problem went away. I have been using Smarty UDC for a very long time. I wrote the current tune myself so I really can't offer tuning advice but i know changing the tuning helped.

Back