Injection timing gauge

Begle1

Does anybody make a dash-mount injection timing gauge for a 12 valve?

What's the closest I can get nowadays?

Closest thing that kind of fits the description I can think of is on the tiny tach website. Definitely nothing that would work real nicely on a dash.

Id Be surprised to find anything exactly like you want, but anything is possible I suppose.

Last edited:
It'd be such an asset for us variable timing folks, especially us mechanical variable timing folks.

Anybody ever try to hook the TinyTach box up to a datalogger, or have any insight whether it'd be possible to tap into the box for a 0-5 volt signal or similar?

It'd be such an asset for us variable timing folks, especially us mechanical variable timing folks.

Anybody ever try to hook the TinyTach box up to a datalogger, or have any insight whether it'd be possible to tap into the box for a 0-5 volt signal or similar?

How would you determine crank angle?

A magnet or mirror on the crank I reckon. Shouldn't need to be right at TDC even, should be able to calibrate as long as it's someplace consistent.

I've used an optical crank trigger in the past to map timing advance on a CAT engine. It can be done. I wouldn't go that route for a permanent system.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Back