Control arms

p7100

Swedish
What kind of control arms do you use when you want to upgrade your truck?
Mine is a -95 cummins.
It's a DD truck which will see little offroad and dragracing usage.
Keypart is to get a tight/strong and good front end.
It has a 3"lift and 35" tires.
Been leaning towards these arms below.
Metalcloak Dodge Ram Suspensions

They are supposed to be 1/2" longer than stock. Is this enough to recenter the axle with my lift?

I used a set of skyjacker brand arms. Put over 200k miles on it and never had any problems with them, never changed the bushings and were still solid. They also are longer like the ones you linked. That was in about 2005, if they are still available?

Ok did you notice any diffrence in comfort? Thinking of the harder bushings.
But price seemed very good. :)

Yes 1/2" longer is what you need to center the axle with a 3" lift. You'll want an adjustable track bar 3rd gen style which will necessitate a conversion bracket as well.

Ok did you notice any diffrence in comfort? Thinking of the harder bushings.
But price seemed very good. :)

Seemed to ride better to me, tightened up the front end feel a little. And centered the tire for a 2" level spacer.

I have MetalCloak arms on my 96 with 3" Thuren coil springs of a 3rd Gen which gives it around a 4".
They are a quality arm for the cost.
9794ef5637f055c0d63b9dde142a554e.jpg

More of a side pic with a heavy load in the bed.
b3d21008663ed930b91d6e0a6b50a8ef.jpg

Last edited:
I second the MC arm...great quality, very stable feel (they do transfer a FEEL for the road), and not noisy or harsh like a heim style end.

So far, very happy with them...roughly 6-8k miles of daily abuse on **** La. Roads.

I have MetalCloak arms on my 96 with 3" Thuren coil springs of a 3rd Gen which gives it around a 4".
They are a quality arm for the cost.
9794ef5637f055c0d63b9dde142a554e.jpg

More of a side pic with a heavy load in the bed.
b3d21008663ed930b91d6e0a6b50a8ef.jpg

That is a sharp-looking truck.

Thanks all of you for your input.
Will try out the MC arms.
Next question is for my front coils - today i have OEM coils and spacer to raise it up in front.
I would like to use some better coils and remove the spacer to use a taller coil instead.
Should i look for a linear or progressive rate coil?
Would like somewhere 2-3" lift.

Thuren use Linear rate and Carli Multi rate, any input about this?

Dodge off road long arms with what ever spring height you want, you can move your axles forward and run bigger tires with out going over board on lift height. just my .02

I went with Dodge Offroad bent double johnny jointed arms. They are beefy! The biggest control arms Iv seen. Besides the wait, Dodge Offroad was good to deal with.

Back