CP3 Pumps

wideopen

Slum Lord
OK guess let's talk CP3's

What is the difference in the CP3 pumps?

LB7
LLY
LBZ
LMM

Are they interchangable?

Will a LBZ fit a LB7?

OK guess let's talk CP3's

What is the difference in the CP3 pumps?

LB7
LLY
LBZ
LMM

Are they interchangable?

Will a LBZ fit a LB7?

Short answer. The regulator.

A LBZ CP3 will fit a LB7. The only issue is the LBZ use a straight back plug in and the LB7 uses a 90* plug in. You can make it work. I did.

Short answer. The regulator.

A LBZ CP3 will fit a LB7. The only issue is the LBZ use a straight back plug in and the LB7 uses a 90* plug in. You can make it work. I did.

Actually you got that one backwards buddy, LB7 regulator is straight, LBZ is 90* plugin and requires you to tweek the return line to clear the plug in. I use LBZ pumps 99% of the time but requires tuning to work properly but is definitely worth it.

modify it with the do it your self kit or send it in and have it modified to flow as much as two stock CP3's will flow.

x's two.... The CP3 is not labored any more than the tuning requests

But with two pumps you can under drive one. This really help the efficiency the pump. Curtis and others like me do this. As one pump is going out of it happy rpm range the second is doing just dandy. This really shows in the Dmax because we can fuel fully well past 4000rpm.

Unless things have changed going with one big pump is still more costly than going with a second one.

I'm with Johnboy. I still have not seen any hard data showing how one of these fancy pumps outflows two stock pumps. Unless you are pulling in a class that does not allow twin CP3s, then I might consider a modded pump.

I'm with Johnboy. I still have not seen any hard data showing how one of these fancy pumps outflows two stock pumps. Unless you are pulling in a class that does not allow twin CP3s, then I might consider a modded pump.

I agree if you are referring to a certain vendors top of the line CP3.

But I am not referring to that pump.

I am sure Shane can chime in and stat how it can be done:rockwoot:

But with two pumps you can under drive one. This really help the efficiency the pump. Curtis and others like me do this. As one pump is going out of it happy rpm range the second is doing just dandy. This really shows in the Dmax because we can fuel fully well past 4000rpm.

Unless things have changed going with one big pump is still more costly than going with a second one.

Can anyone point me in the direction where I can do two pumps cheaper than doing one modded one? I think I can add a LBZ and modded regulator for around 900 or so

they are comparing a modified pump, not just a regulator on an LBZ pump. They are talking about pumps from FloorIt, Wicked, II, etc. They are a good bit more than $900 but I'm not sure they are as much as a complete dual CP3 setup. Dollar value is much MUCH higher for the duals though.

C-ya

they are comparing a modified pump, not just a regulator on an LBZ pump. They are talking about pumps from FloorIt, Wicked, II, etc. They are a good bit more than $900 but I'm not sure they are as much as a complete dual CP3 setup. Dollar value is much MUCH higher for the duals though.

C-ya

Yeah I was looking at them too and they were still quite a bit less than a dual setup almost half the cost with a wicked pump over a dual ppe setup.

Back