Let's see your weight brackets.......again.

I used my snowplow bracket, works perfect!
Im going to make it taller though, I have to back on the scales:bang

pics120.jpg

pics118.jpg

pics121.jpg

Ian

stackedmax said:
Thanks! It took a lot of time trying to work around the brush guard. I thought by hanging the weights sideways it would get them out that much further to the 60'' mark. A little bit of powdercoating, fancy sticker, and :cheer: done.

Definately one of the nicest ones I have seen. One? How many weights can you put on there? Or did you design it that long cause you only wanted that many weights?

I dont know about the rest of you but that truck looks better and better the more I see it!
Brandon

with a well built weight rack, what is the most amount of weight you can hang from the front of a truck befor it becomes unsafe? say for example 1500lbs maybe more.

my light weight rig comes in around 7000 lbs with no weights
weight bracket is 83.1lbs and my suit case weights are 105/ weight I could use another 2 weights or so but Ive just got 6 of them for now. Kubota weights are easier and cheaper to come by than the JD or IH ones around these parts :bang figure that one out!

note* Im using my meyer snowplow bracket to hook the weight bracket to

Rodram2002 said:
with a well built weight rack, what is the most amount of weight you can hang from the front of a truck befor it becomes unsafe? say for example 1500lbs maybe more.

I have had 1800 on mine with no trouble.

Here is my setup... A little different than most of yours but its a full time track truck so it stays put when I am trailering it. I didn't have access to actual tractor weights but did have 1500lbs of lead in the shop. I built the weight box which is 8" tall, 12" deep and 34" wide and it can hold the whole 1500lbs (I have the lead poured into 2 1/2" square 1/16" wall tubing). Right now I can only use 750lbs of it but am hoping to fill it full in the near future!

RyanB

Attachments

• DSCN0881.JPG
    DSCN0881.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 367
  • DSCN0882.JPG
    DSCN0882.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 340
Ok. What are you guys as a reciever? Do most of you just use like the front reciever hitch that is sold for our trucks? Or weld brackets to the frame? Gettin ready to make one and was not sure the best way or how everyone is mounting them.

Thanks, Travis

I have done it both ways, both work. I like having two receivers on the bracket. Make sure you make it all fit nice and loose so that you can remove the bracket if that is what you are going for.

Dodgentwo said:
Ok. What are you guys as a reciever? Do most of you just use like the front reciever hitch that is sold for our trucks? Or weld brackets to the frame? Gettin ready to make one and was not sure the best way or how everyone is mounting them.

Thanks, Travis

I used 2 6" reciever mounts then welded them to a 3"x6"x1/2" steel plate. Took off my tow hooks and bolted these in place, put in my extentions then welded on the front cross piece.

Could some of you second gen guys that have the two reciever style front mount post some pics? Not of the weight rack itself, but of the recievers and how they are mounted/built on the truck.

Travis

JohnnyFoxTrot you don't mind if I copy your idea do ya? The only thing is my truck doesn't come with tow hooks and has a plastic piece there. I guess I could cut out the plastic piece and put it in there like you did. It didn't look like you had to cut your bumper at all did you? If you don't mind me asking how much do you have invested in that with steel and everything?

Kman9090 said:
JohnnyFoxTrot you don't mind if I copy your idea do ya? The only thing is my truck doesn't come with tow hooks and has a plastic piece there. I guess I could cut out the plastic piece and put it in there like you did. It didn't look like you had to cut your bumper at all did you? If you don't mind me asking how much do you have invested in that with steel and everything?

No I don't mind at all. We made a few of these one day for me and a couple buddies. The recievers were 10 or 15 bucks from Rural King, the steel I got from a friend that has a welding shop and we never discussed a price so it was free. Some of you Missouri guys have seen it at Bloomsdale and liked it. Just remember to have the recievers bolted in and extensions in them before you weld on front plate so that it slides in and out easily. No I did not have to cut the bumper cover and you have even more room if you don't have a sport bumper cover. The bolt holes are behind you plastic cover I would guess. You can also make anything to fit in the recievers when not using rack. They are also strong enough to have your truck stuck and be yanked sideways with one of them to I know from experience.

Back