Truckers, lets see your rigs!

The non acerts do that too, get so hot it discolored the paint. Had to use fuel temp sensor to get the truck home. Guess they need a precooler inside the head for when exhaust gas comes back in the intake side huh?

Bottom line is I have a 2006 T800 with the cooler and a 2006 W9 without, both are MXS and the one without has drastically cooler water temp and no high intake temp issues.

And I didn’t need a teacher to tell me that.
What does a teacher telling you anything have **** to do with?

I mentioned that the 450° turbo outlet Temps was consistent with my training, (and experience, but you don't know **** about that either) and you start harping on cat techs and their training, schooling, edjumacation. It makes no *******ed sense really, other than that you have a bug up your ass about caterpillar as a business and anyone that says that remotely negates your thoughts.
I didn't actually negate your claims that the cooler isn't needed, or that it raises coolant Temps, but you are so ****ing overwhelmed by your own version of the "real world" that you ignored both of those points.

You have issues, and like I said, they don't include me or what I do, or whom for.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I mentioned that the 450° turbo outlet Temps was consistent with my training, (and experience, but you don't know **** about that either) and you start harping on cat techs and their training, schooling, edjumacation. It makes no *******ed sense really, other than that you have a bug up your ass about caterpillar as a business and anyone that says that remotely negates your thoughts.
I didn't actually negate your claims that the cooler isn't needed, or that it raises coolant Temps, but you are so ****ing overwhelmed by your own version of the "real world" that you ignored both of those points.

You have issues, and like I said, they don't include me or what I do, or whom for.

Lmao. Struck a nerve with the master tech.

I didn’t need your training to know what works I just did it and found out for myself. Put the book down and come out and play with your own checkbook.

Rig Wrench asked if anyone had removed the cooler on a relatively stock engine successfully, not what a trainer or book had said. If he was to ask the best way to cut his hand off I would suggest a sharp hatchet, not explain how I think he should keep it.

I guess he could keep it and spend a fortune fabbing up a custom cooing system w/pump to maybe lower intake temps to your ideal 100*. On second thought that is a way better idea. I’m going to do that tomorrow. Gonna mount a 2nd radiator in front of the grill. We’re down to 1-1/2 pallets of these bad arse coolers that have fallen off so I can probably get my temps WAY down if I daisy chain them.
63b16c530e0bb296662b21f193dcbfc3.jpg

Found a C13 the cooler fell off of too. Gonna call the guy and tell him of the new idea and have him put it back on.
123a5ae417460e10eb2e1aff42503378.jpg

Here's my driptroit after sitting a day in the shop NO IDLING. For mr. BRE. it's a out the size of the palm of your hand. Not concerned in a bit! It did about 2 inches of water in the dyno.
16540ed43e9b4209eb65259717ad5ebb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

The non acerts do that too, get so hot it discolored the paint. Had to use fuel temp sensor to get the truck home. Guess they need a precooler inside the head for when exhaust gas comes back in the intake side huh?

Bottom line is I have a 2006 T800 with the cooler and a 2006 W9 without, both are MXS and the one without has drastically cooler water temp and no high intake temp issues.

And I didn’t need a teacher to tell me that.

I feel pretty dumb after asking now. I've done 2 acerts now with precooler deletes. Both trucks 750+whp without issues. But they also had iva deletes and low compression pistons. If they don't have issues, I guess why would a stock 550?
:nail:

Last edited:

You really are locked inside that dealership bubble aren’t you, you use your training as verification that we are disposed to take your word as gold.

You said give the precooler it’s own circuit, ever wonder why that wasn’t done on 855 and 3406 engines when they had air to water coolers? It’s because of reliability, electric pumps are no where near reliable enough to risk and engine for while out on the road, what happens when a pump fails?

The biggest most productive thing a shop can do for a truck driver is to make their chit reliable so they don’t have down time, that isn’t the dealer way, andthe reason I have issues with dealers and their parts changers.

I never pushed my word as gold though, unlike what yourself of Faulkner tend to do. I asked a question seeking a civil response, and it was met with fanatical responses, and made a suggestion. The two of you can't bring yourselves to remove the thought of who my employer is, as if we are all brainwashed when we hit the door.

Again, your experiences with dealers have nothing to do with me or the service I perform for my customers.

I never pushed my word as gold though, unlike what yourself of Faulkner tend to do. I asked a question seeking a civil response, and it was met with fanatical responses, and made a suggestion. The two of you can't bring yourselves to remove the thought of who my employer is, as if we are all brainwashed when we hit the door.

Again, your experiences with dealers have nothing to do with me or the service I perform for my customers.

So when you get an SDP in the door you don’t just change parts and put parts back on it that will fail in the exact same way, or do you do what’s right and tell them to go somewhere that can fix it properly to make it reliable?

Bet that’s a close race, prolly 2 cartons of camel non filtered laying in the bunk.

And empty packs folded and stuck behind panels to stop rattles.

Back up a second, the question was asked about something I’ve actually done. So unlike you with all your “training” I can actually speak from experience. That’s where I take issue and why I’m calling you out.

And I agree, most aren’t brainwashed when they hit the door. Just the ones fresh out of school eager to drink the Kool-Aid. And I’m not singling out Cat shop shills, Cummins is full of them too. “Red motors are awesome......”. Just pulled this red peach out, Cat going back in. If we take the head off it will fall apart.
06145c49f7b9dacd5de8361d3c99f7cc.jpg
a3f44ad437468535300b9ab9677946e5.jpg

And empty packs folded and stuck behind panels to stop rattles.

Back up a second, the question was asked about something I’ve actually done. So unlike you with all your “training” I can actually speak from experience. That’s where I take issue and why I’m calling you out.

And I agree, most aren’t brainwashed when they hit the door. Just the ones fresh out of school eager to drink the Kool-Aid. And I’m not singling out Cat shop shills, Cummins is full of them too. “Red motors are awesome......”. Just pulled this red peach out, Cat going back in. If we take the head off it will fall apart.
06145c49f7b9dacd5de8361d3c99f7cc.jpg
a3f44ad437468535300b9ab9677946e5.jpg
With your experience, who manufactured the best OTR engine and why?

You mean 2008+?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

And it isnt just cat, there are multiple brands out there that would be decent engines and would have a much different track record then they do now because of emissions related failures.

My father in law has a 2011 ISX that would not run in the super cold winter months in the 2 years before he had it deleted it would set through January and February, that down time doesnt include the $12K he had put into it during those years for only emissions related failures, including a replaced cracked DPF.

Once deleted the emission failures disappeared and the mileage came up and the truck became reliable.

Back