One thing led to another. Build thread.

...wonder when the UCC might be headed out Cali way????

NEVER!!!!:doh:

Having a 3 day all-out DIESEL Motorsport event with smoke flowing freely has no place in CA and could even have protesters and junk like that... Definitely too much possibility for negative impact vs positive.

Also the majority of the heavy hitters come from the midwest and eastern region of the country, better to have a few (or just a couple even) travel from Cali rather than have the MAJORITY of the competitors travel 2-3,000 miles to go compete in California.

Please do not speak of such things again Arch!!! :doh:

AAAAWWWW C'mon Chris. Aren't those magazine people supposed to have a great sense of adventure?? LOL

I'm with 100^100th power. Just like to see some of those bad a$$ rides in person one of these days.

AAAAWWWW C'mon Chris. Aren't those magazine people supposed to have a great sense of adventure?? LOL

I'm with 100^100th power. Just like to see some of those bad a$$ rides in person one of these days.

I have a great sense of adventure... Why else would I be building my truck to compete in off road desert races?!?!?!

I was born and raised in CA and there are some good things about it, but sooo many bad things about CA also especially in the last few years....

Imagine all the spectators from out of state getting CA excessive smoke and tampered emissions tickets going to and from the event??? It would be horrible!!! Like I said CA has some great things, but hosting a premier diesel motorsports event is not in the state's wheelhouse!!! Indy loves, accepts and fosters motorsports of all kinds including diesel motorsports and we should all appreciate that!!!!:Cheer:

Back to the thread though...

JP's truck is AMAZING, total bummer that all the build pics are lost... I hope to see it in person one of these days...:snoop:

Yes the smartwire controls shifting, lock up, everything. It gives you the ability to control other things based of things you are monitoring with the racepak. I've got the gist of what the system is about but JP can explain it better.

That's true on venting the compressor would give better power control response vs. venting the exhaust side. when it gets to this level that MS15.1 ECU sounds really nice like the combo lavon is running.

Just reading back through this thread and wanted to comment on this.

As far as venting the compressor side v/s exhaust, I think the biggest advantage is pretty much zero maintenance and almost 100% reliability on the valve itself with "clean air" on the compressor side v/s exhaust.

You been able to make any laps lately?

8.60 @ 165 with a terrible front half. My fault, suspension was all wrong for the track conditions. We’ve made some changes since then. Injectors were 147cc, new ones are 328cc. Pumps both 12mm now, up from 10mm. Went to a 6 blade compressor, and made some suspension changes. Hope to get to the track on Wednesday.

Sounds like wholesale changes on everything!

How does it handle on the top end?

Big thanks Kipp at industrial injection, Chase/scott at fleece, and Lenny/Brian at DDP for giving me great deals on the upgrades. Those guys have all been awesome to work with.

The top end feels rock solid. All the excitement is over by 330’. Pulled the chute for the first time and it was much more mild than what I expected — almost like a strong exhaust brake.

I have a vid of the 165 pass on ig.

You need to come out to Kingdon next time and mess some dudes up....no prep that truck would kill.....

That launch you posted on ig, looks like it was a ride. Very happy to see it stayed going straight though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We thrashed on it pretty good last week. All the new stuff is in. Logan Yelton refreshed the trans with some new upgrades. We had good data on the dpc converter, so we swapped in a goerend converter while the trans was out. Les at silver bullet got the tune dialed in with some good help from chase fleece and ryan milliken. Pretty cool that guys like that would kick down info for no other reason than to help me go fast.

Back