Racevalves.com

Love how they give specs!!

Honestly, Im skeptical of all of the makers of springs as they do not give out all specs of the springs they sell...usually only seat pressure is all they list.

Love how they give specs!!

Honestly, Im skeptical of all of the makers of springs as they do not give out all specs of the springs they sell...usually only seat pressure is all they list.

Apparently youve never bought springs from a spring manufacturer or looked into buying a springs for your setup. Every set ive ever bought has IH, seat pressure, lbs, rate ect....

Yeah, once you buy them. For a guy looking to make sure the springs he is looking at buying will work, guess you have to call and ask.

your making no sense.....

Then please show me where any company selling diesel valve springs advertises all the specs of thier springs. Seat pressure may be good enough for some people....and an ad saying "if you make X amount of boost you need these" might sell alot of springs to the average "bolt on" guy.

Im new here so I dont know how this works but...from what I read above, you didnt say anything about "diesel shops" until now. You referred to "spring makers", and no diesel shop does their own springs. Just my $.02

Then please show me where any company selling diesel valve springs advertises all the specs of thier springs. Seat pressure may be good enough for some people....and an ad saying "if you make X amount of boost you need these" might sell alot of springs to the average "bolt on" guy.

I would never just order springs online without talking to a builder anyway. So What's the big problem with calling to get more in depth specs?

from phone

Im new here so I dont know how this works but...from what I read above, you didnt say anything about "diesel shops" until now. You referred to "spring makers", and no diesel shop does their own springs. Just my $.02

Let me look.....yep, it still says competitionDIESEL in the address bar. Just my $.02

Refering to people like me, who build thier own stuff, instead of paying others to do it for them. My point is if I was building a Sbc, sbf, bbc, etc etc I could go from spring maker to spring maker and find published specs of valve springs that will meet my needs. For example, all the past talk of using 32v 4.6 Ford springs in a 24v. While yes, seat pressure is comparable to "aftermarket cummins springs", they do not do well in other areas. Im pretty sure there was talk or rumors of a company selling these springs as "upgraded" springs for a 24v. So if that is/was true, anyone who bought those springs could have major issues with running them and a larger lift camshaft.

Back