Cummins C-Series - Type QE296C. Explain "governor"

Cummins does not have separate listings for those unloaders.

I checked, and they don't.

This is what you need to add an unloader to the compressor Jory

3559586X

Otherwise, Haldex should be able to get you an air dryer to solve the problem.

I checked, and they don't.

This is what you need to add an unloader to the compressor Jory

3559586X

Otherwise, Haldex should be able to get you an air dryer to solve the problem.

Ordered that part number and the air dryer that goes with it. Everything was affordable except the $370 dryer.

Could've been like all the other cool kids, and did a turbo LS swap!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Because when you call Haldex and they tell you that you must use dryer pn. X to keep the QE compressor from passing oil then you kinda go with what they tell you. Now, some folks may know more than the tech support guys....but not me on this particular subject.

Something about it holds a small amount of pressure on a valve somewhere when it unloads in order to keep it from passing oil.

I have a dryer on this truck but I can't remember the number. When I took it off it was full of water. Safe to say it never purged. It has a controller box inside the cab and a but load of wires. All that crap goes in the basket. I'll find out what it is and see if anyone has a use for it. It might have just lost power and it may actually work. dunno.

Because when you call Haldex and they tell you that you must use dryer pn. X to keep the QE compressor from passing oil then you kinda go with what they tell you.

I’m right there with you. However, sometimes I wonder if those reps aren’t just trying to push their stuff.

Good info there. I was not aware.

The sound man in me cringes at the word "feedback". Kind of like you and "bad ground".

The sound man in me cringes at the word "feedback". Kind of like you and "bad ground".

Pull down the 3K on the EQ. It will go away. :D

We could use a soundman a week from tomorrow if you are free. Pay is schidt but the memories......

Good info there. I was not aware.

Sound man? That peeks my attention. I thought you worked on school buses only.
I would like to PM some questions if you don't mind. ??

PM away.

I should qualify my "sound man" label before y'all jump me. Never had any formal training, just years of running sound for our little bands and at our church, occasionally for some friends in their bands. I've done a bit of rudimentary live demo recording, no multi-track studio stuff.

My sound board driving is done on jack stands now.....

Scott....you need some Mumau stickers on your rig man.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_7400.jpg
    IMG_7400.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 0
Pay is schidt but the memories......
I like this.

The more I work on machinery, the term application specific becomes less meaningful.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Well....got it all mounted without gaskets to figure it all out. I had to spin the intermediate head piece on the compressor and also spin the two halves of the unloader valve. Now I just need to run some lines everywhere. I'm still not certain how the unloader valve is "unloading" the head. Is it allowing tank air from the dryer to hold the main head valve open while the piston is coming up via the control line that goes into the unloader through the governor assy?

attachment.php

Do any of you all put one of them little air line filters on the governor exhaust to keep stuff out of it?

2394.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8456.jpg
    IMG_8456.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back