View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 04:48 PM   #8
IdahoRob

Name: IdahoRob
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
I think this is a good move. I've been involved in one crash and had another very close call on the drag strip. When going through the finish line at over 140mph and having a car just miss clipping my rear end made me realize that i was very lucky. I was a couple of feet away from most likely barrel rolling a 6000lb truck at over 140mph, I'm glad i didn't find out the results of doing that, it scared me. I understand that racing is not a safe sport and i accept that. I also agree with rule changes that will help the safety of everyone involved.

Now that we are all over 150mph and some way faster, the current 8.5 cert's are in no way safe at 6000lbs IMO. I believe the diesel racing organizations and racers have been very lucky that no one has been hurt. I think this rule will help if/when a crash occurs.

Also i think this will help have more racers in the field as it matches the Outlaw races as far as 1/8 mile. Now trucks that have gearing setup for the 1/8 and race the outlaw series, maybe will cross over to NHRDA and vise versa. Also less breakage and less down time for track clean up.

I do race quite a bit 1/8 mile in my gas cars throughout the year. It may not be as fun for the spectators but it still is a blast for the driver. I recommend trying it before condemning the 1/8 mile.

1/8 mile will help the field by allowing trucks that may be under powered to possibly be more competitive by working the tree, cutting a light, and having the truck dialed in to 60' well. IMO

"Max'd Out" SoCal Engine, Randy's Trans, DDP 9.36@154 MPH SS legal trim.

Last edited by IdahoRob; 12-05-2017 at 04:49 PM.