View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 12:09 PM   #20
Chris Tobin

Name: Chris Tobin
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD TRCTR View Post
Prior to the NHRDA event scheduled for KY next year, the last NHRDA event east of the Mississippi was in Indy in 2014. The ODSS was formed over the Winter and Fleece sponsored the ODSS race at Indy in 2015. Turn out sucked... But, it was also the same weekend as the NHRDA event in St Louis that year.

Randy (NHRDA) couldn't get the following to really support the series east of the Mississippi. The big events like Scheid and TS were really all that existed for the longest in time (as Thunder in Muncie cam, went and came back).
I was at both the NHRDA 2014 Indy event and the Fleece 2015 Indy event and the turnout was MUCH better for the 2015 event than it was for the 2014 event...

One thing to bear in mind though for events at the Indy track is that the dragstrip grandstands are MASSIVE!!!! I think they hold something like 15-20,000 on EACH side of the track... So anything short of 10,000 people on each side will look pretty empty even when there is a pretty good crowd.

Look at UCC it is obvious that Indy can and will support a good crowd of diesel enthusiasts, and UCC had a great crowd, but it still was nowhere near full capacity... Nothing short of John Force will fill all of those seats!!!

Freelance Editor and Photographer
Working with DIESEL WORLD, DIRT SPORTS, MUSCLE CAR POWER & STREET TRUCKS magazines
tobinemail@aol.com
I might be able to help get you in a mag.
Custom poster size photos available. PM or email for info.