Nv4500 to 47re swap I'm clueless

I have a service manual, lmk what diagrams you need and I'll scan and email them to you
Sweet.. a friend of mine printed some diagrams off of all data for me that looks correct for the most part except for a few mystery wires I'm still trying to figure out... hopefully tonight I'll be able to dig into it a little further

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I found a guy who wants to trade my NV stuff for his automatic will I need his harness to make it work? Both trucks are 97s.

So I'm still working on finishing the swap and I have almost all the wiring figured out except for the one wire that goes from the plug on the trans to the relay on the firewall... does anyone know what that controls? Also if I have to use that relay where do all the other wires in that relay plug go to? I couldn't swap out the whole harness from the donor truck because the connectors are different that go to the dash. I absolutely have to get this up and running by this weekend so I can drive it for my wedding so any help would be greatly appreciated!

It should be the 12V supply to the transmission.
The PCM controls the coil side of the relay and the remaining leg would go to B+. You don't need it, just B+ on the circuit.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Oh sweet... do you know how many amps that circuit would be? If I run a wire to the battery with an in line fuse I just need to know what fuse

So update... got the trans in and took it for a test drive... none of my gauges work, seems like it shifts super early, shifts into second as soon as you take off, and shifts into third about 3 seconds after that, and if I lock the converter it won't unlock until you restart the truck...

I've tried adjusting it all the way both ways and didn't really seem to make that much of a difference... also the shifts aren't exactly as firm as I would have expected... it's a vb meant for 850hp so I figured it would be fairly harsh idk

So my issues continue... I finally gave the truck full throttle and it definitely slips into 2nd and 3rd gear so I hooked up a pressure gauge to check line pressure and in gear at idle I have about 30 psi and at full throttle it stays around 110-120psi... doesn't that seem quite a bit low?

Back