View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 05:54 PM   #50
biggy238

Name: biggy238
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signature600 View Post
Why does it have to be replaced just because of the wrong fluid into the exhaust? It can't "damage" the filters in there, as well as the DEF system should have known the DEF quality was incorrect as soon as it sucked some up.

That's my thing, these complaints don't add up...I've been down these roads, and the parts don't fail that easily...they're built to manage sustained temperatures in the 1400*F range...a little gas will junk them??

I'm not trying to argue, but it just doesn't add up why a little gas junked $10000 worth of metal parts...

See, that's a crap design on the engine manufacturer or builder. The EPA gives you a 45 minute window to no meet emissions on a cold start, in order to allow the tank and lines to thaw...if the engine shuts down before hand, that's all on the programmer. Ours will thaw a completely frozen tank in less than 20 minutes and go to work...If the on road guys aren't running a coolant loop into the DEF tank then they are retarded....DEF freezes at 11 degrees Fahrenheit!

Chris

I should have kept reading. This is exactly right, it's an implementation issue, not a system attribute.

I would demand proof that gasoline was injected, if it was, that's a system failure on the engine manufactures end. If the DOC didn't over temp, the claim is baseless. It's called a couple of things, but primarily an uncontrolled hydrocarbon thermal event. The gasoline should have never left the tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

05.5 Campanella White TDi Jetta 5spd 45.5MPG
-Little Sexy
'10 Silver F250 CCLB 4X4 6.4L cummins Swapped
Insta @trash.panda250