View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 11:26 AM   #22
Chris B

Name: Chris B
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Id imagine youll get a response soon, as i Know they are working on some rule changes currently. A lot of those will impact what they decide to do with 10.90. As far as the 10.50 vs 10.90 goes, i think a lot of the reason for the 10.90 was to try and keep away from guys running 135-137mph if they have to run someone down, and then getting disqualified for not having a chassis cert and 10 point cage. Most of the 10.50 races are actually 6.70 races on 1/8 mile. Either way, most trucks that can run a 10.90, can run a 10.50. so i cant see that rule change making a difference, one way or the other.

Personally, in a perfect world youd see Pro Street and Super Street merge, creating a Pro Class supported all over the country by different orgs and have 16 truck fields every race. all of the ODSS races seem to have 6-10 PS trucks, and half of the NHRDA races seem to have 6-8 SS trucks. At this point, the money, time, and horsepower between a SS and PS truck is basically the same.

I think this would free up some of the slower SS trucks to go index racing. At the end of the day, people still need to get out and race. Its the same guys at every race that do what it takes to make it and go out and compete and have fun. The other 90 percent you see on the internet, social media, etc, would rather talk about it, complain, ask for classes and rules, for a sport they have no REAL intention in competing in anyways.