View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 03:29 PM   #21
DieselWrencher

Name: DieselWrencher
Title: 6cyl Vette
Member`s Gallery
I work at FedEx and I'd like to see a report of how much we blow on emissions related repairs per year by it's self. It would be mind boggling! Back in 2011 when we started getting 2012 Sprinters the DEF tank was under the hood by the radiator. I can't tell you how many sprinters nationwide got def put in the coolant, but I can tell you it wasn't cheap! The diesel in the DEF is usually good for a $10-12k bill too. It is crazy. Our heavy trucks have pretty big problems too. The worst part is most of us worked here before any of this emissions crap so we have to learn trial by fire because they offer training about 3 years after you have the trucks/equipment. We have an airstart that has a C18 with a freakin DPF and no way to tell when it wants to go into regen. When it does, you're screwed and can't start the airplane. The sob takes about 2 hours to regen if you're lucky and we have no back up. Really great. Haha

Chris, that is odd your systems have no DPF. If there is no DPF there would be no regen'ing would there be? I have a friend that has 2 New Holland tractors and he finally deleted the older one because they had so many problems with it. Deleting it and getting a few more ponies was cheaper than a new tractor with the different trans they just came out with I guess. None of those things are cheap either.

Emissions is what I blame on why you can't buy a 4020, 4430, 1286, 986 etc anymore at a reasonable price. A lot of farmers are going back to older equipment if they can.
1972 K30 Longhorn P-Pumped 24v 47RH Compounds

Last edited by DieselWrencher; 10-03-2017 at 03:30 PM.