View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 08:25 AM   #37
Signature600

Name: Signature600
Title: THA MAN!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselWrencher View Post
Chris, that is odd your systems have no DPF. If there is no DPF there would be no regen'ing would there be? I have a friend that has 2 New Holland tractors and he finally deleted the older one because they had so many problems with it. Deleting it and getting a few more ponies was cheaper than a new tractor with the different trans they just came out with I guess. None of those things are cheap either.

Emissions is what I blame on why you can't buy a 4020, 4430, 1286, 986 etc anymore at a reasonable price. A lot of farmers are going back to older equipment if they can.
Yes, absolutely...no Regen as we have no filter. Now, the small sub 80hp tractors have DPF with regen since it is less stuff for the operator/consumer. Also, on the little bitty engines, he have had ZERO issues with the DPF/Regen system EXCEPT the customers not being able to load them heavy enough to make them regen automatically, so we have to manually enable the regen.

Our Versatile tractors use Cummins engines with DPF and Passive regeneration only at the moment...I believe in the next few months those will be switching to SCR and DPF which will probably be a disaster since it's Cummins.

The only other product we have that does have a DPF is the Fendt tractor...Deutz engine with SCR and DPF, but I am not around enough of them to know exactly how much if any trouble they have....From talking to the customers and other dealers, it's very close to Zero. Fednt will not use it if it hurts their reliability, as that is one of their biggest selling features...they are high technology and still VERY reliable. I do know our good friends in Alberta do some deletes on their Fendt and MF tractors due to the cold weather...the DEF line heaters short out with a lot of use in cold weather, and when it's below freezing for half the years they have trouble with them...couple that with the fact that there are very few farmers with heated shops in Alberta, and they just delete them when they're new.

I sure hope we don't go back to LP in tractors...I don't want to have an LP tank...They did that crap back in the 50's-70's and they ran good, but logistically it had to be a real pain...

Chris

THANKS TO:
Tim Barber @ TRE Diesel
Jeff Mumau @ Mumau Diesel Service
Rip @ Source Automotive
Don Thuren @ ThurenFab Suspension
Columbus Diesel Supply