Old 10-30-2016, 11:14 PM   #11
BlackasCoal

Name: BlackasCoal
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRE View Post
1300hp Daily driver.

DDP common rail stuff must be different than their mechanical injectors. However like I said, I have no experience with them.
Bad experience with there 12v stuff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulina View Post
DDP is awesome. Top of the line company with very fair pricing.

Don't overthink the piston thing man, those D&J steel ring land slugs are huge bucks. And overkill imo for a block that isn't going to see enormous numbers like some of the deck plate motors out there.

Those QSB's are a good choice, but nothing wrong with a nice new set of stock 6.7 pistons with flycuts!!

You didn't mention a power goal, or why your going to be using the truck for
The dilemma I'm having with the pistons is I can go the OEM QSB route and be satisfied but they're about 1950ish with cuts and coating. So they'd be right at D&J's price for just the piston without the tool steal wristpins. I could go Mahle that are cheaper but the selling point on the OEM version is supposedly theyre 30% stronger. Not sure if that goes for the mahles as well? I also have a good set of stock pistons here that I could get cut and coated. Not sure I'm willing to take the chance and have to be opening this thing back up a year from now to replace something I shouldn't have done in the first place. So that's about where my head is on the piston choice.

Would it even all that matter if I'm going to coat them anyways? You know if the stock pistons are prone to cracking?

1300, maybe a bit more, would be a number I'd like to hit here and there on a max effort tune so to speak but drive around lower. On 35's might be tougher to hit that but that's part of my reasoning for keeping the charges on the smaller side and putting money into internal hard parts to keep it together. If that makes sense.
07.5 MCSB, Thuren/Carli/King, 35" Toyos MT's, 17" Methods, Miller’s Machine Shop 6.4 w/ Wagler long rods, QSB pistons, 188/220 cam, Ported/big valve head, Muldoons Phat shaft 48re w/ anteater, DDP 5.9 fuel, Firepunk 66/85, Firepunk EFI