View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 09:34 PM   #77
BlackasCoal

Name: BlackasCoal
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Thanks! I just can’t see the reason why guys spend all this money and then just throw it together. Some pics are taken with a buddies iPhone with a certain setting. I still use an older phone because I don’t really care for the latest and greatest tech stuff. But his does take some good pics.

Rear leafs are a must for the the ride. I tell guys that all the time and they don’t wanna believe it but the leafs take out that bucking feeling and give it the Cadillac feel.

The abs doesn’t come up with any codes. It’s just on all the time. And every so often the airbag light will be on.

Other than those I’ve got most everything else figured out. Fought with it being super smokey and the map sensor reading wrong for awhile. Like a constant trail of smoke while driving so I parked the truck. It was too bad to drive around. Finally just bought another c-1/c-2 harness and swapped it out and kept all but the emissions sensors and runs prefect now. All because it was missing the iat/maf sensors.

Got about 1500 miles on it now and drove it out to Rudy’s and back, about 350 miles round trip, and didn’t use a drop of oil. All three oil filters so far looked perfect when open. Only issues now is chasing leaks. Steering box is leaking so I ordered a Redhead. Front timing cover builds up a tiny drip and can’t quite see where it’s coming from so I may take the IC and radiator out to find out for sure.

Then there’s the OD housing. It has a constant drip from one of the bolts on the bottom p/s. Was doing it before it got built too but neither the builder or myself noticed anything wrong with the case. I had it off last week and didn’t see anything crack wise. Made sure the holes were clean of fluid, took a file wrapped with some fine sand paper to it to make sure everything was flat, new gasket, used white seal & lock on the bolts and still leaks. Only thing I can think of is there’s a fine crack you can’t see with the naked eye and once everything gets tighten up it opens and leaks. I think it’s only when the truck is off though. When running I think the fluid level drops below that area. The fluid level hasn’t really moved at all. Only other thing I thought was to try some right stuff instead of the gasket but ended up just ordering a new OD housing and it just came in today.
07.5 MCSB, Thuren/Carli/King, 35" Toyos MT's, 17" Methods, Miller’s Machine Shop 6.4 w/ Wagler long rods, QSB pistons, 188/220 cam, Ported/big valve head, Muldoons Phat shaft 48re w/ anteater, DDP 5.9 fuel, Firepunk 66/85, Firepunk EFI