View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 06:44 PM   #2
97 D-Tec

Name: 97 D-Tec
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worstenemy453 View Post
I am a Powerstroke guy. But for what i want to do at this point in my life, i cant build a 7.3 the way i want.

Looking to build a 94-98 12 Valve, i dont want to deal with electronics for my swap which is why this was chosen. Motor will be going in a F100 or F150. Trans will be a manual, just not sure whether sticking with a Dodge trans or a Ford trans.

Truck will be driven in the rain, snow and stuff. ( not riding my streetbike in whether ). Truck will be raced every now and then.

Now i know what i need to do driveline wise and all that. I have never looked at a Cummins, never reasearched them. Dont know where to start. I need to know exactly what it will take and what i will need to reach 700 HP and be reliable. Most likely will do twins for driveability but not opposed to a single bigger charger.
Theres so many ways to reach that number so many people will give you all sorts of parts lists and the combs probably all work.

Just a few questions that might help others who are in that 700 hp range:

Have you found a motor yet if you have has someone modified the pump already or fixed the killer dowel pin issue? Do you have someone to help you tune the injection pump? Is this going to be fuel only or is spray a possibility? Are you going to do any towing?