Anyone running Hamilton Cams 6.7 Steel Piston?

TwinTurboTim

Just wondering if anyone is running this? Seems a longer rod would be great and a lighter piston even better. I also know steel expands less then aluminum at same temp so maybe run a tighter wall clearance. Anyone have any experience with these on the street around 1300hp.

I’ve got them in two engines. One is in a puller so can’t have any street use input there. The other engine I have them in we don’t have a ton of miles on, maybe 1000, but we competed in the King of the Streets challenge with it at a 1400hp level for most of the event and turned it up a little to make 1687Hp on the dyno. We plan to take them well last this next year. We had these set at 0.004” PTW

my guess would be bc of covid. i just waited 2 month for a fluid damper to show up, a month for a oil cooler

They use to be on the site. The ceramic pistons have a link that says "Out of Stock". There isn't even a link to the steel pistons anymore.

Hey guys, We have plenty in stock but we did one last improvement on skirt profile. The ones on the shelf work fine but the new skirt profile and .003" PTW just works so perfectly that I will probably just recycle the ones on the shelf. They work amazing and we have done I think 5 hard dyno runs back to back and then a 5500rpm hold test. It really is crazy how much they take without melting. The problem is actually rings. The piston can get so hot without failure that the rings have been annealing and losing tension... We just found the solution to that as well. With the tighter piston to bore, the correct rings from total seal and a good hone, they work amazing. Yes Covid has slowed our final order. I apologize for any delays.

We do have them and I instructed the guys to not sell until the final revision comes in. As I want you guys to have perfection. I was told they would have been in long ago then covid........ Once again, I apologize for any delays. The new ones are pretty amazing. I'll pressure the manufacturer a bit and let you know as soon as they are available.

We he can give them to me if he wants. I will buy a head and cam if it makes it work. I just want to get my truck going quickly.

If he’s turning current stock into ashtrays you may want to wait. He’s a straight shooter if he’s fixing a skirt issue with the new design he probably doesn’t want the old inventory to hit the street...that’s a good thing....

I just want to rebuild my motor within a month since my truck is down. I dont know if I can wait an unspecified amount of time.

I know how well that works. lol Good luck Zack

hahaha, this is not your first rodeo......

On the 4.020........bore size dictates valve size, valve size dictates flow potential. flow potential dictates power potential... so no.

Mahle already has an option for this.....

twin turbo tim, call my cell 1-512-627-3896 and I will help you how I can... What bore size are you working with? to the .0005 please

Back