The demise of 2.6?

No I think we are on the same page. Mainly directed towards Illinoisram

Well as I said earlier I'm not talking about PPL. I'm talking about the rest of the 2.6 pullers from other organizations and what we are going to do when 2.6 is officially dead.

So far 2.6 pullers have killed 2.8, 2.6, and now about to get the job done on 3.0 so good job there. Really looking out for the best interest of the sport there ain't we guys? I'm trying to get away from this class but my truck will need changed to go down or changed to go up no matter which class I choose. There are a lot of us going to be in that boat so excuse me for trying to figure out what my local organization should do. The Illiana Pullers have the same rules but without the protrusion rule. But we also gets trucks from Indiana ITPA which do follow PPL rules. Are we going to allow 3.0 smooth bore? Well now how do I make this work?

So other than a gutted cab and 3.0 turbo what is difference in 2.6 trucks if open driveline is passed ? So changes have be made to 3.0 also ! 2.5 class and current 3.0 class is better way !

If make 4.1 cut tires to replace current 3.0 .. Then 4.1 will beat a lot super stocks on a poor tracks , then super stocks will ask for change .. Let's give them dual cut tires ..

So other than a gutted cab and 3.0 turbo what is difference in 2.6 trucks if open driveline is passed ? So changes have be made to 3.0 also ! 2.5 class and current 3.0 class is better way !

What's the difference between 2.6 and 2.5? couple tires, hanging weight, air to water, slight turbo difference, and a hood stack. 2.5 is the class that should have never happened IMO.

download_zpsyo4vklye.jpg

There's a big difference in the 2.5 class out here in MO from the 2.6 class! It's just simply letting some rules get out of hand was the cause for bob to be where they are today. There's talk of PPL having 2.5 in the western series in 2016 and it's looking like they will have a smooth bore charger (not decided what size yet) and there will be no more grey area in this map bs with that!

Some of you guys need a sense of humor. I was merely trying to bring some levity to a touchy subject.

Sheesh
I guess I shoulda worded that a little better, I was laughing also. A buddy and I had the same type of conversation the other night...

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

What's the difference between 2.6 and 2.5? couple tires, hanging weight, air to water, slight turbo difference, and a hood stack. 2.5 is the class that should have never happened IMO.

A class like 2.5 needs to stay. On a local level and entry level it makes sense. It's an affordable class. 2.6. Not so much.

The class is going to kill itself just like 2.8. With where 3.0 and 2.6 are going eventually it will be just a super stock class if the rules are allowed to keep going the way they are. I don't think there is anyway you will ever control the amount of power produced because someone will always spend more money and take it one step further. The only way I see to get it under control is to limit what you can hook to the ground. Whether that's through chassis rules or declaring a set tire rule. Racecars have been doing tire rules for years to control power to the ground. Maybe it's time to set a tire rule that only allows one brand highway tire. Try to make all the power you want but it won't make it to the ground. If that isn't enough start limiting hitch heights and weight until you get it under control.

Need to fix the driveline problem first. Everyone talks about How open driveline will kill the class, if we don't fix the breakage there won't be a pull for us to pull at.
Promoters, myself included, will not pay to have the 2.6 class and have to pack half the trucks off the track or only have a few trucks show up to pull because the trucks are all broke. Why would they want our class?
We only get 2-3 hooks out of a r&p, when it breaks everything else follows. I just pitched 17 R&P for the year. Personally we are done until something changes, decreasing the HP is not an option bc of the 2.5 class. 3.0 class is not offered in the western series, so what is the fix?

How come no one is really talking about dropping the weight to 7500 and changing he hitch height to 24, wont this assist in decreasing the breakage and look at staying with single rear tires .... or am I missing something?

How come no one is really talking about dropping the weight to 7500 and changing he hitch height to 24, wont this assist in decreasing the breakage and look at staying with single rear tires .... or am I missing something?

Nobody had ever wanted anything taken away from them. Even as a child you take away their toys they scream and cry.... no different here.

It has been talked about but opposition doesn't think it would make enough difference. I think it would be a good idea to try cause it's completely free for everybody. In a year where trucks as a big picture seems to be dying down, people are not spending as much money, I'd wait on changing any rule that cost money myself. Do free changes this year and see how it goes. Might surprise people and if not what are you out really.

COTPC 6500lb pro street gas trucks run 550ci engines with half the torque of our diesels and run single tires and 24 inch hitch and tear up Dana 80 R&P in 10-12 hooks so how is weight hitch and tires going to fix the problem, I thought those thing would fix the 2.6 class until I talked to a few of those guys

Single wheels and lower hitch and lower weight and Turbo cover change would fix problem ... Do away with map goove grey area rule .. If had make power on only the air coming from 2.6 inducer things would change !!

Last edited:
Back