Auto meter broken wire terminal

fosterriley

Just wanna go fast
Does anyone know where I can find the little tiny wire terminals that go on the wires that insert into the harness for the factory match pyrometer gauge? One seems to be broken and I can't find them online. Called Auto meter. "We don't have those parts available for sale and don't have a PN. You can buy a new harness though."
78d2df2cd27194f7cbd8ee537253eede.jpg
10f5c48eff677f9b35b8d9f5596d1a7c.jpg
34dc3e170cc7ec4abe73c132772af4bf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the connector housing look like? Any numbers on either the terminal or housing?

No numbers on the housing. I called autometer again and spoke with a different individual. He said he will call me back with an answer. I'll post the part in here if he finds out anything.

Looks like a Molex pin. Do you have an image of the housing it snaps into? It's them dayum butterfly crimps. Special tools. You can solder them though.

I was searching molex on digikey when Brandon replied, I think we are all circling around the molex pin. I have some somewhere but I will never find then again.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I probably can send you one or two of the molex sockets if we can just figure out which one of the umpteen billion versions they make of it. Wire ga, insulation size, etc aren't really important if you are going to solder it (don't have the correct crimper), but we at least need to know which series it is. We use a bunch of them little dudes.

Autometer just returned my call. Part is a "Tyco brand part number 794606-1"

Thanks all for the input!

Or Amp...Tyco...Te Connectivity...whatever brand name they want to use today. LOL

That is not one that we have stock on. :(

TE says I need to order 15000 at a time, but they're only 2.8 cents per terminal. LOL

Actually I found a cross reference to buy them loose for 10 cents per terminal. PM me your address and I'll add them to this week's Mouser order then USPS them over to you? If so, let me know how many you need.

TE says I need to order 15000 at a time, but they're only 2.8 cents per terminal. LOL

Actually I found a cross reference to buy them loose for 10 cents per terminal. PM me your address and I'll add them to this week's Mouser order then USPS them over to you? If so, let me know how many you need.

Thank you for being willing to help! I appreciate it. But I found a site that sells them individually yesterday. Bought 5 incase my big fingers break more.

Back