Runs rough after full throttle

jambbii

milk
I have been doing some testing lately and I have noticed after running the truck hard that it runs rough for a couple minutes but only at idle. Its like there is air in the line but its only affected at idle , still runs smooth through the rpms. Not too sure where to start looking here. Fuel lines are brand new. Just need some suggestions.

Josh

If it was a 24V I would say you are running the injector lines dry (or low) of fuel. That could still be the case but I just don't know enough on the 12V to say.

Did you change out the rubber return line also? These are known to deteriorate over time and allow air to suck in??? Have you cracked open each injection line, if not be carefull of the fuel psi built up in these lines....

I changed all the fuel lines, I had replaced the return line before (it cracked) but when I had the engine out I just replaced them again. I know what air in the lines sounds like and it runs a tad smoother than that. Just not perfect.

Hot fuel? Is all I can think of if you don't think its air, I know the powerjokes made a diff when they were running on hot fuel, low fuel level in the tank and hot fuel from the motor,???

Back