View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 01:52 AM   #6
StarLite Diesel

Name: StarLite Diesel
Title: EFILive Cummins Tester
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFD99 View Post
Do you guys see much more tuning in a stock turbo/cp3/injector truck? I dynoed my 2.4d Bullydog 06 truck last November and it did 489 hp. Just wondering if ya'll were getting close to the power achieved with some of the stronger tunes out there yet. Thanks!
It's hard to compare just dyno numbers - though I know everyone cares about it. The biggest problem is going one dyno to the next. My truck, with the exact same setup and tune (mine is a Duramax) has been anywhere from 536 HP to 756 HP. Correction factors, dyno type, load, etc... so many factors play a part in that it's hard to just compare a number.

Now - to try and actually answer your question as best as possible - I have exceeded previous dyno numbers on one of the trucks above, and also made the truck VERY drivable at the same time. That truck drives around daily with a fully usable 549 HP tune, and even tows comfortably with it.

I think dyno numbers are important to really compare the gains - not the actual numbers. For example, truck #5 above dyno'd a 100 HP increase over his completely bone stock tune. I think that increase would be reflected pretty accurately regardless of which dyno he went to with that tune - while the 428 HP the dyno read might NOT be reflected. It's just tough to compare that way, but in a nutshell - yes, i believe we have achieved at or even greater than many of the boxed tuners available, and done it without comprimising drivability which seems to be the #1 complaint....

Thanks for the question!

EFILive Cummins beta tester and "Brand X" SCI Cummins beta tester! Like us on FaceBook!
StarLiteDiesel.com

Last edited by StarLite Diesel; 06-06-2011 at 01:53 AM.