View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 08:35 PM   #15
mondtster

Name: mondtster
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSkyRacing View Post
Dave G and Tony from Dunrite both had nothing bad to say about Trans-Go kits... They`re a heck of a lot better than stock and 1/3 the cost of a full VB which for the average guy with minor mods is a nice alternative.

Mine is holding up pretty well considering I`ve just got a good rebuild with borg-warner clutches, one of Dave G`s triple disc TCs, and a Trans-Go kit. 3 years old and close to 70,000 on the rebuild and it`s didn`t skip a beat laying down 422/903.
I'd agree with this too.

I think a lot of the perceived issues with the transgo valve body kits stems from installation errors and/or putting them into valve bodies that are worn out to begin with. I've seen burnt up trannys due to these issues several times, including multiple failures of the same trans because the valve body issues were overlooked.

I've used the transgo kits with no issues in a variety of different apps, including the overdrive torqueflites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSkyRacing View Post
This is true, I`ve seen a lot of people try to "cure" a tired trans with either a shift kit or a quick crank on the line pressure only to have it blow out an apply piston seal or one of the seals on the input for lock-up...
I'd agree, if a tranny is on its last leg and/or slipping to begin with no valve body is going to help it.