wilwood clutch pedal set up

ramtough01

Putting can and clutch on the truck this year and trying to find a decent way to mount the pedal in the cab in a second gen dodge. Did a search and didnt see much. Thanks

I mounted mine to the firewall where the clutch pedal would normally be, since it was an auto truck. Just get it close and have someone help hold it to decide what feels like the correct position. Use the 4 bolt holes and go through to the other side. Note: I did break the aluminum pedal bracket that comes with the pedal, the 4 disk clutch was a little too much for it and using it a lot. I made a stainless one and it's been trouble free since

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

I mounted mine to the firewall where the clutch pedal would normally be, since it was an auto truck. Just get it close and have someone help hold it to decide what feels like the correct position. Use the 4 bolt holes and go through to the other side. Note: I did break the aluminum pedal bracket that comes with the pedal, the 4 disk clutch was a little too much for it and using it a lot. I made a stainless one and it's been trouble free since

If you could please get a picture of it

I recently ditched the sketchy Wilwood clutch pedal for a pedal I made out of 1" box tubing and two 1" pillow block bearings for the pivot. Now it doesn't feel like it's going to break every time I push it.

I just got by the shop to grab a pic, didnt remember how much I had overbuilt it. Once you've broken a pedal off, you'll do all you can to keep it from happening again haha. It's hard to see but its plate welded to the firewall on both ends as well
f3e7b56e225559dae450df9fdbcf21f3.jpg
d2ec49c3e0bf38ae161bf9a8d164fce8.jpg

Thanks for the pictures. I am not to impressed with the wilwood bracket either. Sure seems cheap but going to brace it up like what you have shown

I have installed 2 of the haisley kits that’s use oem pedals and a billet mounting plate and 2 wildwood master cylinders , it’s not cheap but works flawlessly

That sounds like a good idea for a setup. The weighted clutches we use are nothing like the stuff wilwood intends their setup to be used with, especially coming off the line. You're holding all the pressure a grown man can with one leg on the pedal, and I'd bet its somewhere in the neighborhood of 300+ lbs easily. Compared to even a stiff clutch in a car, well, theres no comparison I would think.

I used a fully adjustable mechanical linkage setup like trucks used in the 1970's.....it will never fail like a hydraulic setup can. I will try to post some pics later.

That sounds like a good idea for a setup. The weighted clutches we use are nothing like the stuff wilwood intends their setup to be used with, especially coming off the line. You're holding all the pressure a grown man can with one leg on the pedal, and I'd bet its somewhere in the neighborhood of 300+ lbs easily. Compared to even a stiff clutch in a car, well, theres no comparison I would think.

Did you put a longer clevis on that?

You know, I didnt remember doing it until you said something, but I did make a longer one to get the pedal angle corrected for my bracket and the firewall

Is there a lot of pedal travel that person needs it longer? with the bracket i made almost lost 1/2 of travel

Yes, with the wilwood supplied parts it didnt have much travel or throw length at all. My bracket moved the top out further, so the actual pedal nearly touched the floor. The longer clevis helped a LOT with getting it where it needed to be

Back