View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 03:05 PM   #7
Big Swole

Name: Big Swole
Title: MegaInterceptor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick06 View Post
Ok well I will ask my question again then. What did Jeff do to fix the issue with breaking shafts to make him want to warranty them for 2 yrs? Just from future reading he had trouble with shafts breaking so just wanted to kno what he found out through his learning to make such a bold statement in regards to the 2yr warranty. Also what are the stipulations to this? Broke shaft no matter what the situation or what stipulations determine if you are covered or not? Thank u!
Jeff has never had anymore shafts break than any other builder that's been doing business as long as he has. Those claims recently are "hear say" and/or unsubstantiated, as well as skewed by anybody with an agenda (mainly certain competitors).

There are FAR Too many of his towing and competition units out there that have made hundreds of passes and or thousands of miles and are still working just fine, for there to be an issue.

Every brand of shaft as well as every builder has had shafts break. Technology and metal is getting better these days, hence the new designed Garmon fat shaft and the Aermet shaft. But with enough time and abuse these too will eventually fail.

Jeff has been building transmissions and teaching others to build transmissions longer then several of the new companies have even had a business license. In business and on the Internet, attacks like these are unfortunate but common.

As to the alleged "fix", nothing is different by way of his knowledge of building transmissions. Jeff is always trying to make a better product and I'm sure he has his certain secrets as do many. But there are several new tranny builders that have basically taken those secrets (and from other older companies) after disassembling one of his / their units. Jeff has also learned from others. He has never claimed to have known or invented it all.

Jeff is friends with Dave Goerend, Ron at Suncoast, and many others, and they discuss a lot of what goes on inside transmission builds. They were all doing this long before many of the newcomers. What's also funny is Jeff's transmissions and VB's have been in many pasts high horsepower race trucks that are now his competitors. Those transmissions were not even as good as the ones he builds now, yet nobody complained back then.

The new warranty is based on the confidence Jeff has in his product, especially with the new design fat input shaft . Jeff could simply be installing the aremet shaft like many do (it's a great piece!!) , but chose to invest in what he feels is an even stronger piece and will ensure a longer service life.

In the other thread Rich from Doghouse Diesel ran the numbers on Jeff's new fat shaft and based on his calculations is stronger than the aermet shaft. Jeff had to invest quite a bit to get this program started, and feels it is the most superior option. He obviously feels very confident about it and in doing so has offered this new two-year warranty on all three shafts.

The warranty is plainly stated and typed on his website. There is a link in my signature. Please feel free to go there and read it in its entirety. Hopefully it will answer all of your questions. If not, I will certainly try to help you get those answers or you can call Jeff and ask him to give you more detail.

Thank you for listening.
-2006 Honda S2000 - SOS Supercharged - 397 whp - Silverstone Metallic
-2016 RAM 2500 MegaCab Diesel - Silver (Tuned)
-HERS
-2019 718 Boxster S - Miami Blue 6MT, Cobb Tune, Soul, Ohlins,
-2014 958.1 Cayenne S - Umber Metallic / Luxor Beige
-2013 Honda Civic S.i.Coupe - 6MT