View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 11:52 PM   #1
bellabulldog

Name: bellabulldog
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Broken Pump Timing Pin Port

So I was messing around with my truck today, installed an absolutely gorgeous compound kit from PDD (K27/SXE369) and had attempted to mess with my timing.

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

I was checking the timing to make sure my pump was pin timed. I was also having some difficulty pin timing the engine but will get into that later.

So when I was putting the nut that holds the pump timing pin, the portion that holds the threads decided to snap off. I say that because when I took the broken piece out, the nut was only hand tight into the threads.

Click the image to open in full size.

What are my options? Do I have to replace my entire pump housing or is that some kind of threaded portion on the bracket that holds some of the throttle linkage?

Secondarily, I was trying to pin time engine and I did this several times, to the same issue. I centered the timing nipple in the port on the pump, broke the pump nut free, rotated engine til cam timing pin inserted. Nipple centered in view port + cam timing pin fully inserted = pin timed engine correct? As soon as I locked the nut down, I went to 50 ft/lbs first, the nipple had disappeared from view port.

Do I need to use pump timing pin in the nut reversed outward for the first torque to hold the pump in place or am I doing something really wrong?

Click the image to open in full size.

Thanks,

Andrew
ECLB '97 12v .20 Over Head Non-IC Pistons EEP Dual Valve Springs 425's + ORings K27/SXE369 PDD Compounds Weston 5x.16 Wide Angle ATS 3PC Scheid 500cc 191 DV PPump 25* 5K GSK 181/210 Airdog 200 TorkTek OFV Triple Disk Goreend TC 47RE AFC Live w/ Turbo Tuner