Allison 1000 Shift Kits

Burner said:
Doing it right the first time........Sun Coast. :Cheer:

Look at the vendor list here and see how many folks sell Sun Coast. ;)
Do you see the price of those?*bdh*
I am going to do a rebuild using the best aftermarket internals that can be bought.

Huh, thats funny, these aftermarket internals are from the same supplier as the "Top Dogs". My rebuild with TC is around $2300.00. There are plenty of guys out there that have rebuilt their trannies for half the price of the "pay for the name" ones that have been mentioned, but are comparable in ratings:what: . Those that have been mentioned are rebuilders themselves, just so happens they have done it for a long time, and charge more than any body:woohoo: . They are a shop, and just like any other shop they are in it for the money...So I guess it works out well for all involved, they get top dollar as the seller, and the buyer gets to use the brand name while bench racing:bow: .....
$.02 $.02 $.02 $.02 $.02 $.02 $.02 $.02 $.02 $.02

Last edited:
What ever works...To each his own...Thats what is great about his little place we call the U.S....A little enginuity goes a looooong way...If your mechanically inclined like some of us, then a rebuild is nothing more than time...:blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :

Last edited:
Hardtailxxx said:
What ever works...To each his own...Thats what is great about his little place we call the U.S....A little enginuity goes a looooong way...If your mechanically inclined like some of us, then a rebuild is nothing more than time...:blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :blahblah1: :

Wish I knew more about them there transmissions so I could give you a better argument, but I still think you are wet behind the ears or just plain uninformed.

Mike L. said:
Wish I knew more about them there transmissions so I could give you a better argument

LOL LOL LOL

Well I'm your #1 :cheer:

Nobody touches our trucks trans except :bow: Mike :bow:

witch.gif

There is something to be said for Good O'le Boy en-gi-new-I-ty......but that's what you get, missing/wrong parts. It may "work" but it won't work like a Pro-Lock.

It's your money, don't be foolish with it. Whatever soots (pun intended) your goal. ......many have suffered the Internet/buddy BS 1,000 + Whole Sale on-line budget builds 2,300 + the actual correctly built trans and ended up with an eight or ten-thousand dollar trans that should have only costed 1/2 of that to begin with. ;)

BTW, if you missed the first part it's Ingenuity.

Hardtailxxx said:

So. Tell us exactly what is inside your transmission?

I still dont understand why people bother applying 30 year old auto trans tweaks (like TCM programing, lets turn shift time down to 0ms, that will REALLY firm and quicken up shifts!!!) to an allison. They dont work, as Mike said. Suncoast and ATS have been in the allison game for 5 years or more. The Allison is NOT like any other auto trans. Its taken those companies years to figure out what works well in the ally and what doesnt. If you try something "new" that is unproven, you are starting off today where they were 5 years ago. Good luck with your built trans ;)

ben

Last edited:
duratothemax said:
You dont know anythin more than that fellow chilling in your avatar Mike. :hehe:

ben

Ben
Notice also under my avatar it says wet behind the ears. :1tooth:

I have been through a few parts in my truck .:doh: Trans being one of them, twice. The advancements in just the 2 short years are night and day , AND THAT WAS CUTTING EDGE THEN ! Shadetree backyard mechanics and gas station ideas get you just that. Stuck in the back woods of HAZARD CO. broke down with Couter welding a solenoid shut to make things work.:badidea: If making a trans to hold 600, 700, hell now 800 and 900HP can be done from E bay and a Gas station GOOD LUCK !LOL Your trans will work for a short time with painful result's. We all are out to save $$. Remember that saying YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR ! Its not only the install labor cost , its service and reliability !

i am in the do it yourself club, i will never pay 6k or more for a tranny, it will just never happen. i will not spend that kind of money for a toy. heck i bought one of my trucks cheaper than that. but to each there own. i remember when every one said this or that was taboo a few years ago and now it is all out in the open. and one tenth of the money is spent to get the same hp that people payed a fortune for. but i am not a big hp player, i will leave my dmax at 500 or so. it is the wifes truck, 500 should be plenty.

BULLYDOG IS JUNK.. I had the aggressive and for the first week I was like hmm, sweet it actually works. about 3 days later it was normal. Screw Bullydog theyre junk and I think Mike L. knows what he's talking about. Think about he, he designs parts (converters, snake oil) for the allison and for other companies. I think you just got used to the enhancer as is gradually went back to stock. Throw a transgo full kit and a converter as I did and then see results

Back