68rfe Garmon or Suncoast

lews930

NOT A DIESEL PRO
Hello all. I've got a 08 6.7 with 68rfe. Transmission finally quit at 312k miles. I Want to keep the auto and while I value opinions I'm hoping to hear from real world people that have had either shop build a transmission

I use the truck mostly for pulling 21ft boat and 27 ft 5th wheel camper

Let me know what you know

Thank you

Randy’s Transmission has been doing work with Suncoast. If I had one I’d look there.

Revmax and firepunk also offers an in-house build.

Firepunk & Muldoon's both do in-house only builds on 68RFE's.

RevMax will ship built units and offer different flavors.

Randy's get's my vote if you need a trans shipped to you because the man beats on his stuff relentlessly and shows it all day on social media for all to see!

When my 68 decides to die I'm hauling it to the Hobbits personally!

Suncoast, especially since you're in Florida.

x2
My buddy has a 68RFE 4WD M3GA Jr and it's been really good to him. We're in MN, and he had no issues with shipping and what not, but if I were in Florida, it'd be a no brainier. You could probably even have them throw it in in a couple hours while you're at work!

Update...

Found a rebuilt transmission local. Paid $1000 for it. Had the shop open it up to inspect it. Found nothing wrong.

Total of $3000 purchase, inspection and install.

After consulting with too may people I came to the. Inclusion that $7300 was touch to spend 6a 68rfe.

So far I'm tickled pink

Update...

Found a rebuilt transmission local. Paid $1000 for it. Had the shop open it up to inspect it. Found nothing wrong.

Total of $3000 purchase, inspection and install.

After consulting with too may people I came to the. Inclusion that $7300 was touch to spend 6a 68rfe.

So far I'm tickled pink

U should of just gotten a dodge reman with a 3 yr warranty at that point

You might check with BigSwole.
I think David has used Garmon's transmissions before.

Mark.

Thanks Mark!

Yes, I've had many of his transmissions. With the history here, anything I say will be considered "nut swinging" though. lol

Yes, Jeff Garmon's transmissions are up there with any mentioned here in this thread, except he's been doing it long than most. Except Suncoast.

Jeff has all new (a few years ago actually) converter equipment and builds everything in house for them.

I certain recommend calling and talking with Jeff about your (the OP) needs. He's friends with Suncoast and always has been. He'll even tell you to go there if he thinks it'll be better for you. That's the kinda guy he is.

I'm sure he'd love to have you business and builds / sells these daily. Call him. 404-557-4972 cell

Back