Crank case vent

Jordank520

Hey, I was wondering if I would be able to remove the 2 crank case vent hoses on my tappet cover and just run a breather out the valve cover or is that not enough? Long story short I bought a billet tappet cover and it’s not baffled so it constantly drips oil out and I don’t want the mess. I have a 3rd gen valve cover that has a breather on the top with a hose running out of it. I can also get the breather off of the timing cover if need be.

I put a 03-05 valvecover on my p pumped 24v. Have to run rocker box and not use the front and rear most bolt in them. Remove all the wiring and put greeze plugs in the conector holes. I wasnt running a factory style lift pump so tapped the block off plate for 1/8 npt to run the valve cover oil drain. All worked like a top.

I’d rather not have to drain anything so if I could get away with only the breather from the valve cover if like that. I already have the valve cover and rocker box on my truck along with 2 breathers out of the tappet coverbut is like to eliminate those tw0

Wow, I’m sorry for the bad grammar I did not proof read & now don’t know how to delete or edit the previous post.

What tappet cover did you go with?

I have mine pointed up via a 45 from the tappet then a 180 as high as I could get it. Works well and has helped tremendously with blow by and oil loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put a 03-05 valvecover on my p pumped 24v. Have to run rocker box and not use the front and rear most bolt in them. Remove all the wiring and put greeze plugs in the conector holes. I wasnt running a factory style lift pump so tapped the block off plate for 1/8 npt to run the valve cover oil drain. All worked like a top.

How was the firewall clearance when you did this? I've considered doing something similar.

HTML:
I have mine pointed up via a 45 from the tappet then a 180 as high as I could get it. Works well and has helped tremendously with blow by and oil loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great idea... let gravity take the oil back into the block. I do the same thing on 1000cc atv builds. Run the breather up high before it comes down

I came across a Parker fitting before that did this but also had a ~330 micron stainless screen in it. It worked surprisingly well. You still want/need the length going up. One thing I noticed was I originally had too thin of a tube and it was 'burping' oil/blow by. Once I switched to a thick hose, it didn't have the surface tension to burp anymore. Definitely make sure it drains back to the engine though.

Back