View Single Post
Old 01-07-2017, 01:24 PM   #12021
RockinRam96

Name: RockinRam96
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfaulkner View Post
Wire wheel in a grinder works good too. Just wipe it down as good as you can with some paint prep cleaner. It's really hard to beat Caterpillar's own spray paint. Covers good, cleans good, easy to match when things need touched up. We color matched a few to the truck and I won't do it to any of mine again. Looks good at first but goes downhill fast.

I did a little needle scaling (pawned a lot of it off on a friend) and if I never have to touch that god awful contraption again I will be happy.

I needle scaled and DAed the frame of my entire Kenworth and Freightliner from front to back with the big donkey dick style. We now have a pistol with a handle style. Should be much easier.

I thought about a wire wheel just didn't think it would be worth the effort. Not sure it'd get in all the small areas with it. But I plan on having most of the accessories pulled off when I do it.

Tractor Supply does carry a Cat yellow that is very close to pain from Caterpillar.

I'd never color match my motor. A Cummins is red or tan, a Cat is yellow or white and a Detroit is green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk