View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 02:59 PM   #11
zfaylor

Name: zfaylor
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDSHIFT View Post
How would those injectors do with a lot of idle time and cold starts? I know that would depend a lot on the tuning, just curious how it would be for a daily in cold weather.

I would want a smaller S363sx-e or something instead of a 366 for 1k hp. Other than that I agree with the rest of the setup.
We are putting 200% overs in our truck with an almost identical build sheet. Putting an S483 in place of the S480 though. We get pretty darn cold here (Indiana) so we shall see. I honestly don't plan on daily driving a 1200+ hp truck in the snow though. As for idle time I am sure they will haze a bit. I just prefer dealing with some idle haze over having to stretch duration way out and sacrifice durability on that end. Just a personal opinion so take it as that of course. I am sure there are ten different ways to skin the cat when it comes to 1000hp and up injectors. The other reason is that quality 200% over injectors are $3500+ so if a guy wants to take his build further a year down the road he doesn't have to reinvest in injectors again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggy238 View Post
Turn it to 11?

Im curious about the 366 choice also.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
Honestly the s366 drives so nice on a common rail, I prefer the larger turbine it offers on the common rail, and if a guy wanted to upgrade that 80 to an 85 later he could make that one change and lay down a much larger number. Speaking strictly from the 1000hp point of view of course here. Could put the 64 sx-e in place of the 66 and I would still be happy with the setup but again it leaves room to grow with the 66.

If a guy wanted to tow he could do the 63 or 64 but I doubt anybody with a 1000hp (sorry 990hp) truck really wants to do much towing.

North American Turbo

Last edited by zfaylor; 10-24-2017 at 03:06 PM.