View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 02:33 AM   #17332
Leiffi

Name: Leiffi
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfaulkner View Post
I doubt it’s that high on the gold standard euro dyno.

Ok to prove the single vs compound turbo argument in the real world again, my truck and friends are almost identical except for compression ratio. Both 3.55, 18spd 24.5lp. Engines are identical except his is 14:1 and mine is 16.5:1 which in this case doesn’t help the argument FOR singles and HP. His ran exactly 1100hp with a single HX82 and mine did 1138 last year with compounds. Mine will begin making boost at 1200rpm, his won’t begin to make boost below 1600rpm. (Barely makes 5psi with the jake so it’s more worthless than mine that makes 10psi) We’re looking for a smaller housing for him to try before he puts the compounds back on but there is a chance it will boost to the moon or surge. Guys that don’t actually need work their 1k+ HP trucks love singles, but I haven’t ran across any of these working unicorns in the wild. It might work in states that are so flat you can watch your dog run away for 2 days.

Oh and Leiffi we didn’t see a single Volvo or any euro engine there so maybe next year?
HX82 is way too big for those power levels. I still have some turbines and compressors to make 1200 ho single that works from 1000 rpm upwards and stays cool enough for working. But someone needs to know how to tune. OK, HX60 works almost as well.