Cams

99 7.3

Does anyone have experience with Colt Cams, DDPM, Asheville or Straub cams? I'm looking at purchasing a stage 2 cam for a 6.0. I have a few buddies that have Colt's stage 2 and love them. Just wondering if anyone has played with the others though.

Does anyone have experience with Colt Cams, DDPM, Asheville or Straub cams? I'm looking at purchasing a stage 2 cam for a 6.0. I have a few buddies that have Colt's stage 2 and love them. Just wondering if anyone has played with the others though.

Your request had me searching on the internet, not for cams but to find out that there are in fact people still putting money into those engines instead of burning them at the stake. Hilarious!!! :hehe:

My wife drives a 05 Excursion with basically only a tune and bulletproofed engine, and it runs excellent! It will haul butt for stock!

Your request had me searching on the internet, not for cams but to find out that there are in fact people still putting money into those engines instead of burning them at the stake. Hilarious!!! :hehe:
Right now I can buy 6.0 cores by the pick up loads!
That being said, I've seen quite a few folks with them bullet proofed, with good injectors and they love those engines.

It's like anything else automotive, once people get a handle on the inherent troubles and fix them, they can turn out to be a decent vehicle.

Mark.

Right now I can buy 6.0 cores by the pick up loads!
That being said, I've seen quite a few folks with them bullet proofed, with good injectors and they love those engines.

It's like anything else automotive, once people get a handle on the inherent troubles and fix them, they can turn out to be a decent vehicle.

Mark.

Exactly! & it’s planned. Just looking at different cams. Probably will end up w/ the stage 2 colt. Thought I’d ask around though

I believe Asheville and Straub are the same cam.
I have used/sold a number of Straub, two RCD Stage 1’s, several Colt Stage 1’s, and six or seven Colt Stage 2’s. I’ve had by far the best results with the Colt cams.
I would definitely recommend a Colt Stage 2.
Make sure valve recession and piston protrusion are correct, and enjoy!

Last edited:
I believe Asheville and Straub are the same cam.
I have used/sold a number of Straub, two RCD Stage 1’s, several Colt Stage 1’s, and six or seven Colt Stage 2’s. I’ve had by far the best results with the Colt cams.
I would definitely recommend a Colt Stage 2.
Make sure valve recession and piston protrusion are correct, and enjoy!

Great thanks! The colt stage 2 is what I’m more than likely going with, just wanted to get some ideas/recommendations.

Back