AFC foot movement and psi questions

I still like the light spring with a regulator, best of both worlds. You can dial it back when towing and the extra load will get on the chargers earlier, and light loads you can tune it to be more responsive, if that means anything to you anyway.

Ide still like to know at about what % of foot movement the fuel plate starts to take over? It would help making a smooth transition theough the whole fuel curve.

It's pretty much just a rack stop, I've been running a afc on my drag truck that has an external bolt that can be adjusted without removing the afc for max travel (Bought it from zstroken and then copied it cause it works perfect). My pumps a 13mm and I run it about 650cc's, but have copied it on buddy's street trucks and it works awesome. Are you running a rack plug on the new pump?

It's pretty much just a rack stop, I've been running a afc on my drag truck that has an external bolt that can be adjusted without removing the afc for max travel (Bought it from zstroken and then copied it cause it works perfect). My pumps a 13mm and I run it about 650cc's, but have copied it on buddy's street trucks and it works awesome. Are you running a rack plug on the new pump?

I had forgotten all about that setup. I was just one of those aha moments when I came up with it. Lol

I don't run a plate and I have a softer spring in my afc. I like the softer springs better than stiffer ones.
Just my liking tho.
The spring I have in there is a 40 or 45 psi max travel it came in the tst kit

Last edited:
I still like the light spring with a regulator, best of both worlds. You can dial it back when towing and the extra load will get on the chargers earlier, and light loads you can tune it to be more responsive, if that means anything to you anyway.

Do you have a pic of the regulator ? Just a needle valve ?

I bought a small dial regulator off eBay, I don't remember the brand name but was one of higher quality. I tried a needle valve also but it seemed to keep creeping up in pressure.

Are you guys talking about regulators on the afc kinda like afc live? Does the regulator work the same was as afc live?

Yes, just splice into the line feeding the afc with a regulator. Don't get me wrong afc live is packaged sweet and you get the ability to increase the rack travel with a flick of the switch then go back to your previous settings, and also all the trial and error is done with the spring rates. If money's not an object go with afc live, Otherwise on a street truck splice in a good regulator and find the right lighter spring with enough travel.

Ideally you need a flow control valve and a pressure regulator

Been messing with it on my VE truck to keep smoke down and light the turbo quicker

I bought a small dial regulator off eBay, I don't remember the brand name but was one of higher quality. I tried a needle valve also but it seemed to keep creeping up in pressure.
. That is what a needle valve does, it just provides a pressure drop if there is flow across the needle valve. So no flow, means no pressure drop.

Yes, just splice into the line feeding the afc with a regulator. Don't get me wrong afc live is packaged sweet and you get the ability to increase the rack travel with a flick of the switch then go back to your previous settings, and also all the trial and error is done with the spring rates. If money's not an object go with afc live, Otherwise on a street truck splice in a good regulator and find the right lighter spring with enough travel.

By doing this you would be able to have a quick fueling AFC that meters higher boost better. The light spring will still move quickly once boost comes on, then slower as boost raises. Which in a single turbo application where you dont tow where too end egts were a concern could be benifitting. Very fast fuel with metered up top.

This wouldnt work well for bottom fuel as you would have to have the knob inside the cab and you would be killing the air flow and then immediatly needing to open the refulator to get the AFC moving

By doing this you would be able to have a quick fueling AFC that meters higher boost better. The light spring will still move quickly once boost comes on, then slower as boost raises. Which in a single turbo application where you dont tow where too end egts were a concern could be benifitting. Very fast fuel with metered up top.

This wouldnt work well for bottom fuel as you would have to have the knob inside the cab and you would be killing the air flow and then immediatly needing to open the refulator to get the AFC moving

I took your advice I dropped timing down to 19° kept my 5x14's and changed atmospheric turbos I love this thing now. It just keeps pulling. And pulling.

Afc tuning for me was much easier with a single vs twins. I am happy with how I have the fueling set up

Back