View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 08:43 AM   #1481
NakeDiesel

Name: NakeDiesel
Title: Smoke'n in the Mud
Member`s Gallery
Been a while since I posted, went on a much needed vacation. Rented a 12 passenger van and took my son, 2 daughters, their boyfriends, grand daughter and mother in law on a 10.5 day camping trip. We went to Capulin Volcano, camped 2 nights in Colorado Springs and went up Pikes peak and through Garden of the Gods, then Camped at Dinosaur national park, at Lunch at Red Iguana in SLC on the way to Craters of the Moon in Idaho where we camped another night. Spent 3 nights camping in Yellowstone with a short trip up into Montana. Then on to Devils Tower where we camped another night. Then to Deadwood, Sturgis, Mt Rushmore and camped the last night at the Badlands national park. Had a great trip and some much needed down time. Came back and still no engine ready. Been working on things around the farm.

Last week was stressful, thursday the company I work for laid off 1/3 of it's people at the Tulsa office or about 100 people. 131 people total laid off and another 30 positions were nixed that people had already left and won't be filled. I'm safe and actually got a retention bonus to stay through Feb of next year, but stressful all the same.

Wife and I've really started talking about downsizing the farm, her getting her compact nursing license and hitting the road since I can work anywhere I have an internet connection and travelling some. Don't know if we will actually do it or not, but we are seriously thinking about it.

On the truck, ran into head issues with the valves not sealing so we had to send it off to the machine shop to get the valves done on it. Got it back and there isn't enough clearance between the valves and pistons so I ordered a .020 thicker head gasket today. Should be here Weds. So still not sure when I'm going to get to go racing. Seems like there is one thing or another that keeps popping up. I did get the graphic on the new carbon fiber grill this weekend.

Click the image to open in full size.

Thanks to my sponsors: CP-Carrillo, Air Dog, Muldoons Diesel Performance, Power Driven Diesel, Diesel Performance Converters