Cummins Express build up.

Automotive orings and gaskets are suppose to handle 500 degrees minimum (so my powder guy says) he bakes auto gaskets frequently without problems. We got the pump to 400 and did a quick short bake. Hoping it will cure better from heat cycles later. I did take a slight risk doing it but it looked like a pile of chit.

Not sure on stall this stater change has 1 pass on it. I forgot to look at the tach on that pass.

What the poweder coat guy didnt tell you is when you go to unscrew any of the bolts on the pump that were tightened up. When you go to loosen the bolts, it's going to crack the powdercoat, and not just where the bolt heads/nuts are.

VMAX, this is kind of off the subject, but what is your opinion on the head's from Zach? why the switch to a new one?

Basically my old head had a defect that could of been from the factory or could have been human error. Not sure ecactly how this played out. Hats off to Zach taking care of it anyway. Hamilton Cams stand behind there product. The new head design is suppose to flow in stock form what my old head flowed with fairly heavy porting and polishing. This head I just cleaned up.

What the poweder coat guy didnt tell you is when you go to unscrew any of the bolts on the pump that were tightened up. When you go to loosen the bolts, it's going to crack the powdercoat, and not just where the bolt heads/nuts are.

Yea your right! Sure looks pretty for the moment! I have some bolts that were there just to cover holes up that need to be removed. I will take my time and knife around them and see how it turns out.

Guys thanks for the support and encouragement. It has been a really rough couple of years with this truck.... To the point of me considering stepping down with the entire deal. Now that we have some guys that care behind the truck and more financial help we might be able to take it to that next level. We dont have enough financial backing to compete with the big boys yet, but we are getting closer........

My lil girl, boy and wife are enough on the cheering side. Will provide beer, nodos, monsters, coke ect. To partys that hold a tool at all times lol.

My lil girl, boy and wife are enough on the cheering side. Will provide beer, nodos, monsters, coke ect. To partys that hold a tool at all times lol.

We all know if you want help, you have to offer hookers and blow!

Will provide beer, nodos, monsters, coke ect.

32685640.jpg

Well **** with kyle and cliff out I might have to pay for this naked cheerleader. Byo smack.

LOL on the naked cheerleader jokes, hope you're not going to have either of those guys there naked!

Project looks great, can't wait to see it on the track! I've got that same electric die grinder, been using it to precisely adjust the notching of the tubes for the welds on my chassis.

Back