View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 08:08 AM   #33
NakeDiesel

Name: NakeDiesel
Title: Smoke'n in the Mud
Member`s Gallery
Just another update, got more packages last night, now have all of the -4 AN lines, fittings and adapters to run the gauges and boost reference lines. Also recieved the banjo bolt from Tork Teknology, will see how well that works for holding pressure at the pump.

I finally found a machine shop that could get the adapter plate machined, so I was able to install it last night, then I found that the ford 6.0 starter won't fit. It's hitting on the wings on the block, so after all the trash talk I've heard about fordcummins adapter plates and having to grind on the block to fit the starter, you have to do the exact same thing with destroked's adapter as well. Not a happy camper with that.

Here are some pics of the adapter plate installed

Click the image to open in full size.
Untitled by NakeDiesel, on Flickr

Click the image to open in full size.
Untitled by NakeDiesel, on Flickr

I'm planning on working most of the weekend on the truck unless something comes up, so I'm hoping to get the trans, transfercase and drive shafts out of the truck, hoping the front billet cover and a few other parts come in today and will hopefully get the engine stabbed back into the truck and I can start on wiring up the engine and buttoning up the engine compartment while I wait on the trans to get here next week.

Nake

Thanks to my sponsors: CP-Carrillo, Air Dog, Muldoons Diesel Performance, Power Driven Diesel, Diesel Performance Converters