Rudy's Updates.....

PPEI/Wade and co beat Ben Shaddy, sorry if spelled wrong, in semis, with a 4.4 to a 4.6. Good race. In finals vs Firepunk, it was 1 of the best races ever seen in diesel pro mods. Both drivers good off light .033 to .035, but the vette was out front in the 60' with a 1.02 to a 1.15 and kept that lead thru to the end for the W. Great 1st outting for the PPEI Crew!

Apples, oranges. both fruit, but different strokes. I'd like to see more people running standing miles and top speed events, but pushing limits of all kinds is cool.

If you’re fast enough, you only race 1/8 th mile in today’s world.

Great numbers! Though it seems Firepunk has more track time with their setup than PPEI. Maybe I’m wrong.

Well I'm pretty impressed. I honestly figured it would come out and just blow the tires off a bunch. All the fast guys race 1/8 mile these days. Safer on everything including the driver imo. I agree I think the punks would have reeled him back in the 1/4 which definitely would have been fun to watch. Firepunk definitely has more seat/track time in their setup.

Well I'm pretty impressed. I honestly figured it would come out and just blow the tires off a bunch. All the fast guys race 1/8 mile these days. Safer on everything including the driver imo. I agree I think the punks would have reeled him back in the 1/4 which definitely would have been fun to watch. Firepunk definitely has more seat/track time in their setup.

Agreed, it would have been wild to see them run through the 1/4! Like you alluded to, i also fully understand why they are running to the 1/8th.

If you’re fast enough, you only race 1/8 th mile in today’s world.

Great numbers! Though it seems Firepunk has more track time with their setup than PPEI. Maybe I’m wrong.

Firepunk also had steering and driveline issues....

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3Nk65mpAeu/?igshid=169ppshcf187

You mean the good old "slow" days? I would say things have changed a bit since then...

No, meaning the good ole days of gloves off grudge racing going all out.

In my subtle opinion watching Firepunks UCC truck run the 7.99 was more exciting, and it'd be nice to see some 6s 8n the 1/4 again. Then again as has been said before by others, the fastest guys from 10+ yrs ago could still come back and mop the field.... except many have either lost interest or left industry all together.

So much asshattery in this thread.

The promoter set up a specific race and the PPEI car won. End of friggin story.

Then a bunch of retarded commmentary from non-competitors, woulda shoulda coulda, yeahbuts, "I'd have done it better," "yeah if this was 10 years ago...."

STFU and deal with what actually happened.

Back