clutch for 500 HP

ValAir Ceramic 12.25" single disk clutch fits the bill nicely! I have one in my truck and it drives very nice and have never slipped it with this setup... Plus Dan is the man, he and the rest of ValAir will take care of you and are stand up people!

I'm with Chris, call Valair, they will take great care of you.

Great products, great guys.

Southbend Clutch, awesome clutch. Not going to find better customer service.
That doesn't mean that there aren't others that offer service as good. Which is good, because that's what they should do when you spend your hard earned coin on their product. They both offer great service, and do everything they can to take care of their customers. Offering awesome customer service is certainly not something that only Peter can do.

yeah but peter... gives a lot of stuff away.... at least to the peolpe i know... never had a valair... so can't say anything bout them...

Thanks for the replys.
Do you suggest any specific clutch? will a 450 clutch hold if the truck where to have 500hp?

or should i go with a 550hp clutch to hold 500 or slightly less?

Go bigger, I have the 550hp ValAir and it is no more grabby than my OEM LUK that was in the truck beforehand. Towing is not even a problem at all...

If it were me I would just go with a good dual disk. You will always want to go with more HP, and even the big single disk will not hold up forever with 500+hp. That and every aftermarket single disk that I have seen jumps like crazy at red lights. My dual disk is smooth as glass most of the time unless it get really hot, then it jumps alittle.

My 13 inch valair feramic is one grabby sob, very hard to get used to, but it doesn't slip which is what I was looking for.

I had one too before I went with a DD. That clutch is now in Fireman450's 04 flatbed and I absolutly hate driving it with that clutch.

Thanks for the replys.
Do you suggest any specific clutch? will a 450 clutch hold if the truck where to have 500hp?

or should i go with a 550hp clutch to hold 500 or slightly less?

Im running a 450HP Sotuh Bend Con OFE at or above 700hp..........7 hooks, dozens of Dyno runs, a good amount of dragstrip passes, a few burn outs and LOTS of hard driving!

Dont recomend it, but just goes to show how much that clutch can take!

I have a number of customers running Valair's ceramic/kevlar single disk and they are all very pleased with the performance.

ValAir Ceramic 12.25" single disk clutch fits the bill nicely! I have one in my truck and it drives very nice and have never slipped it with this setup... Plus Dan is the man, he and the rest of ValAir will take care of you and are stand up people!

same one i got and love it and Dan is very easy to deal with

We installed valairs nodular iron dd in a buudies farm truck and he loves it. He pulls wagons and tenders all the time and didnt want to big a clutch. But he had schieds put a edge juice, lightning 1 injectors and the lighting 1 turbo (s300g?) and was of course slipping the stock clutch. I told him the single would do the job but be a grabby sob. I reccomend the nodular dd to any body that wants the holding power and easy operation even when actually working your truck.

I got a valair 13" conversion dual compound. works great, and they hooked me up with a discount and all for being on the forums. very happy with it.

I have the South Bend 3250 DD and its just like the stock clutch. Not grabby at all, shifts fast, doesnt rattle in nuetral with the clutch let out like most DDs. Guys have put over 850hp through them without slipping. I made about 10 20psi 4wd boost launches at the strip last weekend and It did awesome. And after all that it still drives exactly the same as it did. Awesome clutch. And they say Peter is awesome to deal with too.

go with a DD clutch from southbend. like he said a 3250. i messed up when i put a con OFE single disk in my truck after my stock clutch went. it lasted for about 4 months and i had 350hp. after that i put a dual disk in and it will take whatever i throw at it! Peter is awesome to deal with also!! customer service rocks!

Back